NCAA Top 25 is a joke

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
All rankings at this time of year are a joke. There should be none published until about halfway through.
Agree, teams should have to really earn a spot in the top 25. A lot of these teams havent yet. Georgia is just barely hanging on yet goes up?

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
The media should stop mediaing
If folks like you and me would stop paying attention to pre-season and early season polls, the media would stop creating them. They're just responding to our desire to think and talk about which teams are better than which other teams.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
In case you want to know who has liked what they've seen so far and ranked us this week to give us points,
Name - Media - Affiliation
Chuck Carlton - Dallas Morning News - Big XII - ranked GT #23
Joe Walljasper - Columbia Tribune - Mizzou - ranked GT #23
Matt Galloway - Topeka Capital-Journal - Kansas - ranked GT #25
Josh Kendall - The State - South Carolina - ranked GT #22
Rob Long - WJFK 105.7 - Maryland - ranked GT #20

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
In case you want to know who has liked what they've seen so far and ranked us this week to give us points,
Name - Media - Affiliation
Chuck Carlton - Dallas Morning News - Big XII - ranked GT #23
Joe Walljasper - Columbia Tribune - Mizzou - ranked GT #23
Matt Galloway - Topeka Capital-Journal - Kansas - ranked GT #25
Josh Kendall - The State - South Carolina - ranked GT #22
Rob Long - WJFK 105.7 - Maryland - ranked GT #20

Facts. Cold hard facts.

Get out.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
As much as I've always been a "no polls until after week 4" guy, I've come to the realization that it would really not change much at all. You'd probably have a few guys who really take it to heart and rank teams only when they are supposed to, but the vast majority would either follow along with the ESPN "power poll" as a starting point or just put out their own rankings week by week. Sad but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The polls influence the committee big time. Their top four will come from the top six or seven in the polls. They will not put an un ranked undefeated team in their top four.