NCAA Golf C'ship - 2014

A 54-hole stroke play format will separate the contenders from the pretenders amid the first three rounds through Sunday. Thereafter, the field of 30 teams will be narrowed to eight, and the format will switch to match play on Tuesday, with only two advancing to play in Wednesday's grand finale.

An individual champion will be determined Monday after four roundsof stroke play, and there are only six privileged players representing teams that didn't qualify for the NCAAs who will tee it up in the Sunflower State.

This from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nships-2014-dates-tee-times-field-and-preview

I don't know what the rain delay will do to the schedule.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Conditions must be tough, Iowa State was 2 under beginning today and now they're 11 over. 13 shots over par today! South Carolina was 1 over starting and now they're 9 over today and last, but not least, OK was 7 under now even par. All of these teams were ahead of Tech beginning today.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It appears the golfin' Jacket won't tee off for the 3rd round until tomorrow. Looks like about 1/2 the field got started this afternoon/evening but none of the top teams went out. I think this is good for the guys to have a good evening of rest then go out and tear it up tomorrow!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It appears the golfin' Jacket won't tee off for the 3rd round until tomorrow. Looks like about 1/2 the field got started this afternoon/evening but none of the top teams went out. I think this is good for the guys to have a good evening of rest then go out and tear it up tomorrow!

Great job. Several people, at the ACC CG yesterday mentioned our golf team and the fact that we are always good but have never won a NC......... maybe this year. {I don't like golf since the ball doesn't hit back and always loses.}

Sure was nice to see UGAg come in 18th ....... rooting against them never gets old.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Jackets and the rest of the 2nd wave will go off at 11:30 cdt, lower half of the teams are finished with the 3rd round. No team from the lower group made any significant moves up the leader board. Oregon had the best round of the morning, far and away, at 9 under, next best were the dwags at 3 under.

As they start play Tech has a 4 shot cushion to finish in the top 8 that advance to match play