NCAA Baseball Tournament

65Jacket

GT Athlete
UF has more pitching than a lot of minor league teams. I don't understand how they get them past the draft coming out f high school.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Two extra inning games, rain delays really brought out the advantage of Florida pitching. Oh well, I officially don't care who wins. Whoever is the underdog is now my favorite.
I attempted (feebly) to find "odds" on teams winning the CWS... but could not find anything. If you go by this LIVE RPI site , then the 2 "biggest underdogs" are:
#30 Texas A&M
#22 Cal State - Fullerton

Then... working your way up:
#7 FSU
#6 TCU
#5 Louisville
#4 LSU
#2 Florida
#1 Oregon State

Here's the way I work to who I will pull for (tic). First of all... eliminate any team located at or west of the Rocky Mountains. Those kids are products of generations of procreating hippos, wackos, and weirdos... its a proven fact. Solid, upstanding Americans should win contests involving America's past time. Therefore SCRATCH Oregon State and Cal State Fullerton from the list.

Now the rest is simple... you are left with 3 SEC teams, 1 Texas team, & 2 "barely" ACC teams. Ok.. maybe its not that simple. It is easy to SCRATCH Florida, Texas A&M, and LSU simply by their SEC affiliation. I try to NEVER pull for success out of that conference....which through various nefarious activities (another proven fact) has managed to basically remove the amateur from amateur sports. I happen to want more amateur (not less) in my college baseball.

Then SCRATCH TCU simply because they are NOT the ACC... although, I do acknowledge their ZERO titles despite 4 straight trips to Omaha does give me a little something to consider.

Ok....fortunately, I have 2 ACC teams to choose from now. Between Louisville and FSU, it is very easy for me to SCRATCH Louisville. Frankly, I am still in denial they are actually in the ACC. [Side note: I commented out loud to a couple of Louisville fans at the ACC tournament who were complaining about a call... that the ACC umpires were not going to allow a Big East team to win the ACC tournament. Those Cardinal fans got a chuckle out of it, at least.]

That leaves FSU. It will be pretty easy for me to actually pull for FSU. As Mike Martin has aged, I have been unable to "dislike" him. He's entertaining and I respect all he's done with the baseball program at FSU. The 40 straight seasons with 40+ wins record at FSU (this is his 38th season) has to be one (like Cumberland 222-0) that just will never be broken. I think the next closest streak of 40+ win seasons is 6. FSU has been to the CWS 22 times (16 with Martin) with no title to show for it. I would like to see Coach Martin get the title... would be a fun show to watch.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I attempted (feebly) to find "odds" on teams winning the CWS... but could not find anything. If you go by this LIVE RPI site , then the 2 "biggest underdogs" are:
#30 Texas A&M
#22 Cal State - Fullerton

Then... working your way up:
#7 FSU
#6 TCU
#5 Louisville
#4 LSU
#2 Florida
#1 Oregon State

Here's the way I work to who I will pull for (tic). First of all... eliminate any team located at or west of the Rocky Mountains. Those kids are products of generations of procreating hippos, wackos, and weirdos... its a proven fact. Solid, upstanding Americans should win contests involving America's past time. Therefore SCRATCH Oregon State and Cal State Fullerton from the list.

Now the rest is simple... you are left with 3 SEC teams, 1 Texas team, & 2 "barely" ACC teams. Ok.. maybe its not that simple. It is easy to SCRATCH Florida, Texas A&M, and LSU simply by their SEC affiliation. I try to NEVER pull for success out of that conference....which through various nefarious activities (another proven fact) has managed to basically remove the amateur from amateur sports. I happen to want more amateur (not less) in my college baseball.

Then SCRATCH TCU simply because they are NOT the ACC... although, I do acknowledge their ZERO titles despite 4 straight trips to Omaha does give me a little something to consider.

Ok....fortunately, I have 2 ACC teams to choose from now. Between Louisville and FSU, it is very easy for me to SCRATCH Louisville. Frankly, I am still in denial they are actually in the ACC. [Side note: I commented out loud to a couple of Louisville fans at the ACC tournament who were complaining about a call... that the ACC umpires were not going to allow a Big East team to win the ACC tournament. Those Cardinal fans got a chuckle out of it, at least.]

That leaves FSU. It will be pretty easy for me to actually pull for FSU. As Mike Martin has aged, I have been unable to "dislike" him. He's entertaining and I respect all he's done with the baseball program at FSU. The 40 straight seasons with 40+ wins record at FSU (this is his 38th season) has to be one (like Cumberland 222-0) that just will never be broken. I think the next closest streak of 40+ win seasons is 6. FSU has been to the CWS 22 times (16 with Martin) with no title to show for it. I would like to see Coach Martin get the title... would be a fun show to watch.
I'm pulling for FSU and TCU. I would like to see either one win it based on their coaches and the fact that neither has a title.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I came onto GTSwarm hoping for GT News. I found a post about nonGT college baseball.

I'm sad.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
....7 remain. Cal St Fullerton is eliminated.

Oregon St in driver's seat. They await the winner of the FSU/LSU rematch... & can only be eliminated by losing 2 in a row.

Today... Louisville or Florida will position themselves for same deal on their side of the bracket.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
....7 remain. Cal St Fullerton is eliminated.

Oregon St in driver's seat. They await the winner of the FSU/LSU rematch... & can only be eliminated by losing 2 in a row.

Today... Louisville or Florida will position themselves for same deal on their side of the bracket.

SEC loses Texas A&M today.

Hopefully Florida loses tonight. I can't pull for L'Ville to win, but I can pull for Florida to lose. Should be a good game with a lot of talent on display. And good coaching :cool:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
All SEC final.

I'm a closet LSU fan (grew up in the swamp) but hate the rest of the SEC.

Geaux Tigers!