NC St: We win tonight

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cat Barber is really friggin good, but BG must've decided to let him have his, stop the others best as possible, and go out & get ours. It worked.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Jorg never took off his shooting shirt. Josh got too many minutes, the rotation when MGH runs the point is much better offensively, and was better defensively on Cat tonight. Quinton had another rough game - he looks lost on the offensive end. Jacobs has started playing much better as of late - will need his offensive presence as Chuck continues to struggle inside.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Cat Barber is really friggin good, but BG must've decided to let him have his, stop the others best as possible, and go out & get ours. It worked.

To be overly clear, she's quoting BG on how to play Cat, iiuc, not just his strategy.

Jorg never took off his shooting shirt. Josh got too many minutes, the rotation when MGH runs the point is much better offensively, and was better defensively on Cat tonight. Quinton had another rough game - he looks lost on the offensive end. Jacobs has started playing much better as of late - will need his offensive presence as Chuck continues to struggle inside.
Thank you, I feel badly for Travis. His game is gone. Josh doesn't look like a coach's son. Nick and Ben in at the same time seems to help make the offense flow better. If coach wants to make a run, he better run with a shorter bench.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

I have advocated for Jorgy since I first saw him play but I'm glad he didn't get out there vs Cat. That would have been a disaster. Good win. Honestly thought we had about a 10-15% shot. Didn't think we could stop Barber. We didn't and still won. Shows what I know. Had a ticket, couldn't go, feel free to send thank yous in the form of tips to my paypal.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't get why Jorg has gotten so much PT this season...ive never seen him make plays on offense or defense. I wish Lammers would play more. He makes big plays on defense and makes a difference on offense too. MGH, Mitchell, Smith, Jacobs, Heath, Lammers, White, Jackson are the only ones who should see the floor imo

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The game was blacked out here on ESPN3 and I could not get to Raleigh. What a shame that I missed this one. A neighbor told be yesterday that State would win easily if Barber had a good game. I need to call him this morning!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don't get why Jorg has gotten so much PT this season...ive never seen him make plays on offense or defense. I wish Lammers would play more. He makes big plays on defense and makes a difference on offense too. MGH, Mitchell, Smith, Jacobs, Heath, Lammers, White, Jackson are the only ones who should see the floor imo

He just hasn't gotten any better in his time here unfortunately. But it's nothing new. Daniel Miller and Ben Lammers are the only two players I have seen in this regime that have shown marked improvement under this regime.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Lammers too, but he got bullied a little bit by Abu last night - who by the way is much improved over last season. The Quinton Stephens experiment has gone far enough - he almost killed us with two back to back turnovers last night. Virginia was obviously an aberration; his minutes should be limited moving forward.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
MGH, AS, CM and NJ will all be gone next year. Without the likes of them we'd have lost last night.

Next year's seniors -excluding any transfers - will be Corey, Rand, Quinton, and Josh. don't think this "class" is equal to or better than this years "Seniors" (including Grad Transfers).

Bottom line if the incoming class and the current players don't step up this season will look great compared to what will have next year.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Congrats to our team. Theyhave been playing very hard the last few games and finally have a road victory! Now, see if they can followup, Duke???

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Much needed W to make up for the VT loss. Now need to win just 1 out of the next 3 (@Syracuse, vs Duke, vs Miami) to keep the season on course. Oh-for-3 and we can write 'em off.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Shout out to my man @LibertyTurns! Post lotto numbers next please.
Thought I had lost my touch when I made a couple of bold predictions lately & things didn't go the way I expected. Hope this is the start of another personal winning streak because before I hit a bad patch I went almost 4 years without missing a "lock" call. Let's hope the back end of my prediction holds true. This was a very rare 2 game prediction I made & haven't made one of those is a VERY long time.

As for the Lotto, I had never bought a ticket until that billion dollar deal a couple weeks ago. There's nothing to analyze just pure luck. I'll stick with trying to decipher what's in the heads of a bunch of 18-22 year olds. I've been responsible for enough of them over the years that I like to think that I'm good at it.

I enjoy the X & O's discussion you guys provide. There's a great mix of experts, old dogs & youngsters, plus random fans and a ton of GT passion.

Go Jackets!!!!!!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He just hasn't gotten any better in his time here unfortunately. But it's nothing new. Daniel Miller and Ben Lammers are the only two players I have seen in this regime that have shown marked improvement under this regime.

with all due respest Jorgenson isnt a ACC caliber player start or even primary backup...he is a PWO type IMO. Hard to polish turds.

I think georges hunt has grown alot. Charles Mitchell in 2 years has grown some...so we are being a bit hard on the staff. The fact is the biggest weakness of the staff is inability to get talent IMO. As evidence by jorgenson

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
with all due respest Jorgenson isnt a ACC caliber player start or even primary backup...he is a PWO type IMO. Hard to polish turds.

I think georges hunt has grown alot. Charles Mitchell in 2 years has grown some...so we are being a bit hard on the staff. The fact is the biggest weakness of the staff is inability to get talent IMO. As evidence by jorgenson

Every time someone says something like this, I say something like as follows:
If the biggest problem is talent, then BG is a great game-day coach because we've played some really competitive games with top teams. On the other hand, having overtime and less than 5pt losses to both top 20 teams and the bottom teams of the ACC suggests that the problem hasn't been talent but coaching. (just my take on the data)

Oh, and I really think that your take on Jorg is uncalled for.