NC podcast filled with anti-cut block whining

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Though I'd like to propose a new spin: we block differently because we need to level the playing field with teams that cheat to get athletes.

I love this idea. Let's take control of the narrative and have some fun with it. Especially apropos given the next opponent.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the referees/officials do pre-game film work to scout the teams? This way they could see for themselves we play fair and square and all the talk is just that.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if the referees/officials do pre-game film work to scout the teams? This way they could see for themselves we play fair and square and all the talk is just that.
This is an excellent question. I would love to hear what the refs do before games. I wonder if they're really even allowed to "scout" teams ahead of time. Or if they know enough in advance what game they're gonna get.

I do know that for virtually all of them, reffing is just a side gig.

You'd think if they actually scouted us before-hand they'd call a ton of defensive holding on the other team's D-line though.

Deleted member 2897

This is an excellent question. I would love to hear what the refs do before games. I wonder if they're really even allowed to "scout" teams ahead of time. Or if they know enough in advance what game they're gonna get.

I do know that for virtually all of them, reffing is just a side gig.

You'd think if they actually scouted us before-hand they'd call a ton of defensive holding on the other team's D-line though.

Has defensive holding against our offensive line ever been called one single solitary time? Honest question, I just can't remember it ever.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
The Tarheels O line holds really well. Let's see how many times they get called for holding this weekend.

The other thing that never gets called is the pick play. Clemson used it all game against Bama. The only time I saw that called was Notre Dame at FSU.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Screw their whining about blocking.

We need to focus on them whining after breaking a 3 game losing streak.

3iar to unc, which has never won crap in FB, is absurd.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We should chop block the Pod cast folks! Sounds like sour grapes, to me.

Personally, to me... It's a "hey our team sucks, let's go ahead and start excuses now. It seemed to had worked for Pitt" rant.
Did it really work for Pitt, though? They drew zero illegal block calls and got their butts whooped up and down the field. Seems to me pissing off our OL is probably not the best of ideas leading up to a game.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Did it really work for Pitt, though? They drew zero illegal block calls and got their butts whooped up and down the field. Seems to me pissing off our OL is probably not the best of ideas leading up to a game.
Jeune didn't push off on his big reception either.

Jmonty71

Banned
I was more saying this is the coach saying. " we may lose and here's why" yes, some is to try to get a few cheap calls their way.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Anyone see the Miami player cut the Duke guy?
I got a video of it in case any Miami fan starts to complain lol. It wouldn't let me post here though, file is to big.