NC podcast filled with anti-cut block whining

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently, Tech doesn't coach "proper" cut-blocking technique.

Listen to this podcast, if you can stand it. Someone should alert CPJ that Tech's cut-blocking isn't done the proper way. The anti-cut hatefest really gets going about 26 minutes in.

https://scout.com/college/north-car...cast-EJ-Mike-Review-Duke-Discuss-GT-108113359 (They conveniently omit any discussion of defensive linemen holding o-linemen trying to get to the second level.)

Oh yes, I almost forgot. According to the podcast guys, Roof calls a complez blitz defense much like Tenuta. Insert laughter here.

(The guys on the podcast should man up about blocking, like Fedora did. He doesn't complain about it.)

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Eh, I always chock it up to "They're so much less talented than us and run an archaic offense, how do we explain our inevitable loss? Ah, cheating and dirty play. That's it!" See how well that worked for Pitt.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
the one response so far on that forum is

Always great to hear a first-hand perspective on the dirty blocking schemes from GT. We're already dinged up as a team. Let's get through this one.

I wonder how dumb about other teams we look tho their fans. I don't think it's this dumb.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This exact topic is the microcosm of fakenews, supporting a narrative and a note to be careful to believe what u hear in life and media

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
otoh, 10 years in, I have to wonder why this topic even bothers some Tech fans to the degree that it does. Do we ever play a game where this isn't a topic of discussion at some time during the week?

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
otoh, 10 years in, I have to wonder why this topic even bothers some Tech fans to the degree that it does. Do we ever play a game where this isn't a topic of discussion at some time during the week?

Are there any other teams you can think of whose success is written off as dirty/cheating? And what team consistently has other coaches complaining and whining about the way they play?

That's a big part of why it comes up. It's just reaction to what everyone else starts. It's like the only talking point teams have about GT.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The media and opponents say so many wrong things that apparently are, to them at least, gospel truth about our team and more specifically, our offense.

However, this is the only wrong thing that actually would reflect badly on us if true. That is the troubling part along with the fact that many opponents would like to see some of the things we do to be disallowed by the rule makers of cfb. Conventional wisdom seems to be... If it gives you enough of a headache, just outlaw it.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Are there any other teams you can think of whose success is written off as dirty/cheating?

Absolutely....most of the larger and more successful SEC schools. Especially around the topic of recruiting. It's the same thing there as it is with our so-called chop blocking...anecdotes, rumors, innuendo. Meaningless stuff for the most part. And, fwiw, I am not a fan of any of those schools.

Jmonty71

Banned
Apparently, Tech doesn't coach "proper" cut-blocking technique.

Listen to this podcast, if you can stand it. Someone should alert CPJ that Tech's cut-blocking isn't done the proper way. The anti-cut hatefest really gets going about 26 minutes in.

https://scout.com/college/north-car...cast-EJ-Mike-Review-Duke-Discuss-GT-108113359 (They conveniently omit any discussion of defensive linemen holding o-linemen trying to get to the second level.)

Oh yes, I almost forgot. According to the podcast guys, Roof calls a complez blitz defense much like Tenuta. Insert laughter here.

(The guys on the podcast should man up about blocking, like Fedora did. He doesn't complain about it.)
It's amazing. People act as if we are the ONLY team that does cut blocking. We crawl around and tackle? High / low blocks (5 of them) on every play? Wow...

Deleted member 2897

1wr3ux.jpg

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
The mere-exposure effect makes people believe this BS is true, so it's important to stop this narrative if possible. Though I think our attempts to do so have probably reinforced it anyway. What I'm more upset about is media outlets giving it credence or at least building a narrative around opposing coaches and players whining about it.

Though I'd like to propose a new spin: we block differently because we need to level the playing field with teams that cheat to get athletes.