NBA Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So it was the Hawks that led Javaris on a path of destruction
I think you can legitimately make that case. Also, the Hawks would probbaly have been better off with the hometown kid than Acie Law, who was a total bust. Talk about a lose/lose.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Drew might not be the greatest coach, but he certainly is a class guy who doesn't deserve this. Methinks the karma fairy will visit upon the house of Kidd.
I think Larry Drew's a better coach than Kidd (at the moment). Definitely got screwed over.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Kidd just stepped all on Larry Drew, but Mike Woodson felt Drew crossed the line here in Atlanta, so what goes around.

The Suns are in a good spot but they about to over spend for Haywood. He's not a next level guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah I don't see Haywood being no more than a Mike Dunleavy Jr.

That's actually not a bad comparison. Hayward is coming off a less-than-stellar season too. Plus, the Jazz kinda drafted over him last week so he can probably be had for less than near-max.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Really? I really think he can be a 16-20ppg guy.
He could be. It depends on how well he can shoot the 3 but I don't see him as a post player and he's a liability on defense. He's a bit undersized playing the 4 in a traditional offense and a bit big to play the 3. He could prove me wrong though. He's got a good midrange shot and can shoot in traffic.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting. Saw rumors James will sign for 2years at the max. IOW, in 2 years we'll be frothing over the thought of him teaming up with Durant in NY. Yay! (sarcastic).
I would be very happy with that decision, but I'm not convinced he wants to pay NYS/NYC income taxes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would be very happy with that decision, but I'm not convinced he wants to pay NYS/NYC income taxes.

Lol, forgot you were a Knick. Hey, NY could also mean the Nets. I'm from Atlanta so they're all the same to me. :cool:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Very interested to see what Wade takes.

TIFWIW.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2014/07/canzano_bosh_and_wade_will_ret.html
Heat teammate Chris Bosh has agreed in principal to a five-year contract extension with Miami that would pay him $11 million in the first year, the source confirmed. Further, Heat teammate Dwyane Wade has agreed to re-sign in Miami for four years, beginning at $12 million in year one.
At least it's not Ric Bucher reporting it, then we'd know it's wrong.