Navy vs Memphis

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'm more curious to hear what Navy's defense did. They held Memphis to a season low in points. Anyone pay attention to that side?

Our offense at GT will be fine. We've seen that more often than not.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm more curious to hear what Navy's defense did. They held Memphis to a season low in points. Anyone pay attention to that side?

Our offense at GT will be fine. We've seen that more often than not.

It was fun watching how our offense should be.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Gonna vary from year to year of course. Last year our offense was unbelievable and better than Navy's. This year it's middling to poor. Now as to why that is with a veteran OL and QB I am not sure. I thought the turnover in the backs and loss of Shaq would hurt, but not this much, even with the injuries at A back.

I do remain generally optimistic for the program though with last year's recruiting class and the start to this year's. Also while we haven't been notching the W's we have been competing hard, the scores are close, and the team keeps fighting hard. This season reminds me of earlier in the Ross years in some ways.

Anyway, congrats to Navy on a great win. Always like to see them do well.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
It's amazing what happens when you have a competitive bunch that plays for each other and has a tremendous will to win.

Exactly. CPJ has lost his intensity and is more concerned with protecting his friends than moving the program forward.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
Gonna vary from year to year of course. Last year our offense was unbelievable and better than Navy's. This year it's middling to poor. Now as to why that is with a veteran OL and QB I am not sure. I thought the turnover in the backs and loss of Shaq would hurt, but not this much, even with the injuries at A back.

I do remain generally optimistic for the program though with last year's recruiting class and the start to this year's. Also while we haven't been notching the W's we have been competing hard, the scores are close, and the team keeps fighting hard. This season reminds me of earlier in the Ross years in some ways.

Anyway, congrats to Navy on a great win. Always like to see them do well.

We bought into this and with better athletes, we're failing. CPJ needs to look at why. Navy offensive linemen are getting it done, but our's are confused. Why is this?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We bought into this and with better athletes, we're failing. CPJ needs to look at why. Navy offensive linemen are getting it done, but our's are confused. Why is this?
I know this may be a silly observation given that we play in the ACC, but maybe our offense has played against a lot more good to great defenses with better DCs than has Navy.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Their O lineman seem to stay with their man and push down field vs. falling to their knees like ours have been doing this year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I haven't been watching the game, but every time I watch Navy play they seem to run their offense a lot faster and quicker than we do. I know they don't have as good as athletes or speed as we do, so what gives? Why does it seem like our offense is a lot slower for plays to develop.
yep,
I also watched Navy-N Dame and although Navy lost,it looked like they ran "our " offense better than we do.I guess that easy curriculum and atmosphere just stockpiles athletes at Navy. Hmmmm

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. CPJ has lost his intensity and is more concerned with protecting his friends than moving the program forward.

Based on what? I see no factual basis for this assertion. Like everybody else I am not happy with the season but I highly doubt CPJ has lost his intensity, if anything I think this type of season heightens it.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Navy's 3 BB's weigh in at 243, 245 and 255!
And there you have it. I watched the game carefully and I didn't see any super OL play. What I did see was a pair of huge BBs who simply plowed through hits at the LOS. They were carrying the Memphis D for 2 - 3 ypc.

Why, then, does Reynolds not bow out as he heads to the edge? Because the other side is waiting for Swain and back on their heels. Why, then, does the O look "faster"? Because the other side is waiting for Swain and back on their heels. Why, then, does everything look "crisper"? Because the other side is waiting for Swain and back on their heels.

It really is pretty simple: you have a consistent BB and the O works better. And, of course, playing in their conference helps the Mids considerable. If we were playing their schedule, we'd have won 3 - 4 more games, even with our injuries. Maybe.