Nate Cottrell...just a question, nothing bad

falconholic26

Banned
Why is Nate not being used on offense. It makes no sense to not utilize his speed and experience. We are wasting his talents by not coming up with ways to get him playing time and ways to get him the ball. He is one of the fastest on the team and he has the most heart of any player that been at tech since Kelly Rhino. Wish someone in media would ask CGC why he not getting more playing time Bc it makes no sense. He and Oliver should be on the field at least 60 percent of time and him and brown should be alternating in the slot. It makes no sense to me.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
Great player, but his speed is mostly straight-line. He doesn’t seem to change direction without almost stopping. Go back and watch some kick returns or some of the rocket tosses where he would be quick to the edge but get caught quickly turning upfield. I was the exact same way when I played. The reason we don’t see more of him is because we have a huge stable of competent backs and plenty of speed.

Then their is heart and got to and last year he ran with abandonment and made great plays. He should be out there more but frankly our offensive staff is trying to figure out how to just get the ball in the QB and running back hands. Yes we are waisting Nate and Tobias but until we get a basic offense in place, sort of like last weekend, we can't utilize our special players.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Uh, I don't want to rain on this thread's parade, but Cottrell had the highest ypc of any returning. That the staff can't find a way to utilize that is a major failing, imho. In fact, our team speed at RB has being largely wasted so far. Let's hope that stops as the O matures.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Great player, but his speed is mostly straight-line. He doesn’t seem to change direction without almost stopping. Go back and watch some kick returns or some of the rocket tosses where he would be quick to the edge but get caught quickly turning upfield. I was the exact same way when I played. The reason we don’t see more of him is because we have a huge stable of competent backs and plenty of speed.

I like the way his speed and ability were utilized on that pass from Harvin. Just streak down the sideline and run under it. Straight down the sideline and into the end zone.

falconholic26

Banned
He’s a senior they need to give him more of a chance than they are giving him. All I hear from CGC is praise for him but he not practicing what he preaches. I promise you he at least or not better than what we seen playing so far. Just give him touches in the game two prove himself.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
As others have noted, he's just too stiff. Reminds me of Broderick Snoddy in that he's extremely fast, but there's not much else going on there. If he's not running in a straight line, not much good is going to happen. Pretty obvious when you watch him return kicks. It seems like you're a fan of him, but if you've watched him, you should know why he's not getting reps on offense.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
He’s a senior they need to give him more of a chance than they are giving him. All I hear from CGC is praise for him but he not practicing what he preaches. I promise you he at least or not better than what we seen playing so far. Just give him touches in the game two prove himself.

If you're not the best and you're a senior, why SHOULD & why WOULD you give him a chance? I'll never knock a player playing all four years, I personally know how hard it is, but as a player you do realize when your not the best at your position.

His love for GT means he realizes that he is not the best and he is willing to do whatever he can to mold these young guys into the same -run through a brick wall- guy he is. Whether it's the first guy in last guy out for workouts, being a vocal leader or giving sage advice on surviving GT classes, he is gonna do it.

"We all have to stop playing at sometime, we just dont know when that is, but the game will tell us."

falconholic26

Banned
I’m just saying that he can help and he should be given a chance in a game to contribute more in they offense that has been struggling for the most part of the year.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
Well it’s pretty clear you have your opinion on him and it’s locked in. Multiple posters have told you why. Stiff, poor balance, goes down on first contact. In the prior offense he was mostly taking pitches through open lanes, and was never really the threat we’d hope he’d be there either.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I’m just saying that he can help and he should be given a chance in a game to contribute more in they offense that has been struggling for the most part of the year.

But he doesn't fix what has been causing the offense to struggle and if anything his weaknesses are highlighted because of the other issues our offense has.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Nate is one of my favorite players, but he was given a fair chance in spring and fall to earn PT at both the slot and RB. Other guys were better. Brown is just too good and I think Kalani Norris is number 2 at Slot. Nate has handled it like a pro and he has a chance at a camp invite as a special teamer.

Deleted member 2897

Mods, please issue 3 demerits to the author for failing rules 1, 2, and 4, parts a-f of sections I and II and all 7 paragraphs in the Thread Titles That Include Player Names rulebook please.