My Wish for the Miami Game...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We are always one of the loudest home crowds in the ACC and I base that on our having that reputation among conference opponents whose players frequently comment on this fact after games here.
True in the past but on a downward trend the last 2 years. Crowds this year...wet blankets so far. (My perspective from the stands)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My wish for this game is solid GT playing, loud GT fans, and a final score with GT on top. I won't be at the game but I will lose my voice from screaming at the TV.
My biggest wish is that we come away with all our GT players uninjured.
GoJackets - Sting 'em. #TogetherWeSwarm

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this will be another close game, but as of right now, I'll say that we win 31-28. We'll probably get close to 500 yards (350-ish rushing, 150-ish passing), but will probably give up 400+ yards

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this will be another close game, but as of right now, I'll say that we win 31-28. We'll probably get close to 500 yards (350-ish rushing, 150-ish passing), but will probably give up 400+ yards
Wrong section, but oh well! My wish for the Miami game is for this prediction not to be true, and for us to win by a lot more and not give up nearly as many yards.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
My biggest wish is that my cheap arse that won't pony up for cable or internet can watch the game on my tv that's wired to my laptop that's getting wifi from my wife's iphone hotspot.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have the GT app for my phone and can listen to all the games. Good luck trying to watch the game if you do not have a cable TV subscription for one the ESPN family of cable companies. My neighbor watches games on the internet via a European website that ignores the ESPN firewall. I will try to find the link and post it here.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Straight Talk: Duke held Miami to 22pts, ~1.5 pts/dr.

Imo, our D more than matches Duke D in talent. I really want to match them in performance.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My wish is that we do not do what Oregon did last night:

"And despite another elite performance by current Heisman trophy favorite Marcus Mariota, voters have shown that singlehanded excellence does not beat out a loss these days.
After a 26-point loss to Arizona last season, Oregon didn't need a lot of motivation for this game. But what it did need and continues to lack is a healthy offensive line. Oregon remains without three expected offensive line starters who are injured, and it continues to show with a proliferation of sacks of Mariota and difficulty in the interior running game.
Arizona was able to get pressure all game and sack Mariota five times while rushing only three players, a scheme that allowed the Wildcats to play with three linebackers and five defensive backs the entire game. Couple that with an undisclosed injury Oregon's coaches said Mariota suffered against Washington State that led them to limit their QB run calls, and Oregon's offense was limited in key ways.
"Anytime you can pressure the passer with a three-man rush, you can defend a lot of other things," said Oregon coach Mark Helfrich. "You can change up the coverage and you can limit the ability to throw downfield, and that's what they did for the majority of the night."
Oregon also needed its top defensive tackle, Arik Armstead, who went to the locker room with a bare left foot during the second quarter and did not return. Armstead's absence wasn't the only reason for Arizona's third-quarter offensive outburst, but it played a role. He was wearing a walking boot on this lower left leg after the game."

So, we stay healthy on the OL and DL, we are able to bring some pressure with 4 on the DL, and our offense is not limited in key ways, and we will be just fine, because our JeT will bring another elite performance.

OBTW - this shows even the best of the best can have their problems when a few key individuals go down.