My post Spring two deep - defense

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Great detective work but I am not. Lonnie Marts and myself have watched what Lynn's father is accomplishing in the inner city. We have volunteered with his events and We often refer to each other as brothers. Therefore Lynn calls me his uncle. We are not really related. Another very important note. When I had a heart attack about 8 years ago it was Lynn's father whose fast thinking saved my life. So this is why I follow his son and have grown to be a fan of the Yellow Jackets.

cool!!!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
once again these are just my thoughts

WDE - Jabari Hunt-Days
DT - Adam Gotsis
DT - Shawn Green
SDE - Tyler Stargel
OLB - QuayShawn Nealy
OLB - Tyler Marcordes
CB - DJ White
CB - Lynn Griffin
S - Jamal Golden
S - Isaiah Johnson
DB - Demond Smith

WDE - KeShun Freeman
DT - Patrick Gamble
DT - Jimmie Kitchen/Darius Commissiong
SDE - Rod Chungong
OLB - PJ Davis
OLB - Tremayne McNair
CB - Chris Milton
CB - Step Durham
S - Corey Griffin
S - John Marvin
DB - D Noble

This is a good looking second team. IMO any one or two or even three of the LBs/ DBs could play on the first team with no noticeable drop-off. It remains to be seen how well our second team DL plays or how well our first team DEs play. I hope Davis plays as much as the starters, maybe in multiple capacities including STs. I also expect Milton to get more than typical second team PT and ST as well.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This is a good looking second team. IMO any one or two or even three of the LBs/ DBs could play on the first team with no noticeable drop-off. It remains to be seen how well our second team DL plays or how well our first team DEs play. I hope Davis plays as much as the starters, maybe in multiple capacities including STs. I also expect Milton to get more than typical second team PT and ST as well.

I agree that it seems we should be playing more guys this year and hopefully not have fatigue issues.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I may go down in flames for saying this, but I think the crop of DBs that we have now is as good as we have had on the Flats during CPJs tenure. I really like White, Noble, Milton, Golden, both Griffins, and Smith. I think we have a lot of talent back there still.

The big question is whether we can have any sort of pass rush with our front four. Gostis will likely get double teamed so we really need some guys that can beat their man one on one. To me Gamble, Kitchen, Commissong really need to show out this year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I may go down in flames for saying this, but I think the crop of DBs that we have now is as good as we have had on the Flats during CPJs tenure. I really like White, Noble, Milton, Golden, both Griffins, and Smith. I think we have a lot of talent back there still.

The big question is whether we can have any sort of pass rush with our front four. Gostis will likely get double teamed so we really need some guys that can beat their man one on one. To me Gamble, Kitchen, Commissong really need to show out this year.

and dont forget Isaiah Johnson, Step Durham and likely the Lamar Co trio.

I agree with your post...need someone on the DL to step up.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I really feel good if Greene can stay healthy. We need Commissiong, Gamble, Chungong and Kallon to start living up to their physical abilities. Eric, do you foresee any of the incoming freshman, other than Freeman/Whitehead, challenging for playing time on the D line?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I really feel good if Greene can stay healthy. We need Commissiong, Gamble, Chungong and Kallon to start living up to their physical abilities. Eric, do you foresee any of the incoming freshman, other than Freeman/Whitehead, challenging for playing time on the D line?

I think Commissiong and Greene are going to have good years.

Antonio Simmons - Will need to add weight before he is ready

Tyler Merriweather has a shot, he will be given a chance.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck

Merriweather is a SDE right? If so, is there a chance he beats out Stargel?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Merriweather could be either....but likely SDE. I would be shocked if he beats out Chungong or Stargel.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

Merriweather is the one I thought might have a shot, I agree he'll need to add some lbs. Simmons, despite his HS numbers, is too slender at this stage. I think he'd and the team would be best served by a RS. Any chance Preddy winds up on the d line?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Preddy is all OL...and he will be a T. Maybe if OL doesn't work out he could play DL...but as far as now he is OL all the way.