CB - Chris Milton
CB - Step Durham
S - Corey Griffin
S - John Marvin
DB - D Noble

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Are the incoming freshman going to press any of the backups.?

Please consider following as IMO
I love seeing underclass man getting playing time.

I have a belief that if a junior or senior is a backup the underclass man should have preference. Further - For FCS , Tulane etc I would tell first string - you better show something in first half because in the second half the entire second string will be playing. From that performance, not just practice, we will select who starts.

Scoring big and shutting out for stats against fcs teams keeps coaches employed , but does not build a team to beat THWG.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Eric, staff was really high on lynn griffin when he came in after his first fall....still the case? He was supposed to be a really good/athletic DB find.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What about Anthony Harrell? When will he be ready to go? Is he a man without a position now that we are going with a 4-2-5?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Does Demond Smith have the 5th DB position locked up? We really weren’t able to see much of him in the spring game. It seems like Noble has the more prototypical size for that position. Maybe even Marvin too.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Does Demond Smith have the 5th DB position locked up? We really weren’t able to see much of him in the spring game. It seems like Noble has the more prototypical size for that position. Maybe even Marvin too.

Adding to your comment, if Demond Smith has locked up the nickel spot, then who would be the 6th DB in? Assuming it would be Noble, Milton or Durham?

I know it's too early to be discussing this, but what else is there to talk about???

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
As valuable as Gotsis is at his position, I like this idea in certain situation, too. When/if Gotsis is in the NFL, I can see him at 3-4 DE anyway.
I like the move only situationally. Gotsis is our best man on the line. I think controlling the middle with him is more important.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I like the move only situationally. Gotsis is our best man on the line. I think controlling the middle with him is more important.
You may be right. But i can tell you if your sde cant set an edge we will be powered and outside zoned all day. The question is for me is stargel better than our two backup dt options? I can tell you you wont have to worry about the string side with adam. And with green at the 1 tech the 3 may not be the most valuble spot in our scheme. Just throwing this out there.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
You may be right. But i can tell you if your sde cant set an edge we will be powered and outside zoned all day. The question is for me is stargel better than our two backup dt options? I can tell you you wont have to worry about the string side with adam. And with green at the 1 tech the 3 may not be the most valuble spot in our scheme. Just throwing this out there.
Absolutely! It all depends on how well some younger players develop this Summer.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric, staff was really high on lynn griffin when he came in after his first fall....still the case? He was supposed to be a really good/athletic DB find.
I know Eric will have the scoop. From what I was told by Kelly, before he departed for FSU, and Roof. Griffin is a beast. His injury set him back one year, and of you can recall, he was set to play as a true freshman. Roof felt like they were deep at Safety and thin at corner. After evaluating the possible players to transition , Roof felt like Griffin would be a good field side corner because of his ability to stop the run and his speed. The problem no one considered was that Griffin never played corner. I am sure you know that corner is a position where you're on a island all by yourself. It takes a lot more skills than Safety. Griffin had to learn the position. Another setback was the move was the move from Safety to Corner was made a couple of weeks before the season began. Factor in the coaching changes and you see it slowed the process of Griffin learning the position. No disrespect to Coach Speed but he is more of a LB/S coach. Not really a corner coach who can train and challenge the corners. Griffin has been working with DJ White as well as a couple of NFL corners. He will get tested by teams this year but he will be ok. Sorry for jumping in Eric. Lol