My permanent solution to Georgia Tech uniforms. I designed these concepts myself.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Lat year's white helments in bowl game are GREAT. Should be the standard, Is there a gold one that is a mirror image of that one?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Lat year's white helments in bowl game are GREAT. Should be the standard, Is there a gold one that is a mirror image of that one?
That entire uni was AWESOME.
I’d be thrilled if we just swapped a gold jersey as needed and did that hat and pants every game.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
We won a National Championship wearing navy tops. I think they are definitely part of our history and tradition.
Ga Tech wore navy blue for a couple of decades in the 1930’s and 40’s. Then back to white in the 1950’s through 1970’s with a short gold stint under Carson (1968-71… this is the throwback that we wore vs. UVA in 2006), and a black stint in the mid-80’s under Curry. Then Ross moved us to navy blue and GOL moved us back to both white and gold tops. Gailey continued the GOL look. Under CPJ, Russell went wild from 2008-12, but eventually came back to G/W/G combo. Adidas screwed things up badly until last season.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Ga Tech wore navy blue for a couple of decades in the 1930’s and 40’s. Then back to white in the 1950’s through 1970’s with a short gold stint under Carson (1968-71… this is the throwback that we wore vs. UVA in 2006), and a black stint in the mid-80’s under Curry. Then Ross moved us to navy blue and GOL moved us back to both white and gold tops. Gailey continued the GOL look. Under CPJ, Russell went wild from 2008-12, but eventually came back to G/W/G combo. Adidas screwed things up badly until last season.
Russell was trying some things, but truthfully the best uniforms russel gave us was orur classic three striped pants throwbacks in white gold and blue that we wore in i think it was 2013-2014

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Look, I keep saying this. The traditional Tech away uniform was a black jersey - that's BLACK, as in B-L-A-C-K - jersey and white pants. And thiat was one slick uniform. As the one Ken Swilling is wearing below. That, sports fans, is a black jersey.

Screen Shot 2024-07-13 at 10.38.09 PM.png

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Look, I keep saying this. The traditional Tech away uniform was a black jersey - that's BLACK, as in B-L-A-C-K - jersey and white pants. And thiat was one slick uniform. As the one Ken Swilling is wearing below. That, sports fans, is a black jersey.

View attachment 16364
Something about that gold makes it work. Today’s gold just feels different

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Somehow, some way, the word uniform much like the word commitment no longer have relevancy in collegiate football. When you have 9 or more possible iterations of what to wear you no longer have a uniform, you have a debutante level wardrobe. If Tech were smart, they would follow Alabama and Penn State and stick with one uniform. The gold helmet, white shirt, gold pants combination it what most fans identify Georgia Tech with. It was and is one of the most distinctive and beautiful college football uniforms in the history of the game. I know most people could care less about this, and so we now have joined the rest of the hodge podge of college football teams that wear something different every time they take the field. So apparently, the majority of those making decisions on this matter do not share my feeling that having a distinctive, attractive, easily identifiable and unique look bring any added value to Geogia Tech football. So that is just the way it is.

Go Jackets!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 16364
Sorry, no it’s not. That is a true Navy blue jersey. You zoom in on Ken’s left shoulder and you can see it.

True Navy blue is almost black, but it is not. See below.
1720993616255.jpeg

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts since white and gold are our 2 main and historic school colors, our home and away unis should also be white and gold, with navy trim. GWG has been used historically and when done properly it is a beautiful and classy uniform and should always be worn in BDS and on the road when possible. GWG should be our trademark.
Having said that, Navy jerseys and all white unis are ok once a year imo.