My permanent solution to Georgia Tech uniforms. I designed these concepts myself.

CEB

Helluva Engineer

I vote for the “Homecoming Alternate” to be our primary pant & jersey combo. Gold interlocking GT helmet with it. That’s sharp!

Add a gold pant with minimal navy stripe for our GWG traditional look. We should be wearing some combo of these two options 90% of the time.

White out is the same white pant and white jersey combo with the white interlocking GT helmet and the GOLD facemask. I just think the metallic gold facemask on the white hat is awesome. If we’re going white out, go all in.

If we need dark jersey, the gold jersey goes on white pants with the white helmet from above.

I am not a fan of navy as a base pant or jersey color. I can handle some stripes / outlines in navy, but that’s it. I feel like we are the only school where gold is our primary color… everyone else uses it as an accent against black or blue or maroon. I know what we did in navy jerseys, but I want to see gold and white. When dark / navy jersey comes in, I see ND, or Navy, or could it be Purdue, WF, UCF? White and gold is GT… let’s own it.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I’d wear the gold jerseys every game if it was my choice. Recruits love them and they are our only jersey that is uniquely Georgia Tech. Nobody else in FBS has anything like them.
I’ll say exactly what you said but for the whites. We’re one of two teams (LSU is the other) known for wearing white at home. It’s uniquely Georgia Tech. That said, I have nothing against gold jerseys. I’m all for wearing them for 1-2 home games.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I vote for the “Homecoming Alternate” to be our primary pant & jersey combo. Gold interlocking GT helmet with it. That’s sharp!

Add a gold pant with minimal navy stripe for our GWG traditional look. We should be wearing some combo of these two options 90% of the time.

White out is the same white pant and white jersey combo with the white interlocking GT helmet and the GOLD facemask. I just think the metallic gold facemask on the white hat is awesome. If we’re going white out, go all in.

If we need dark jersey, the gold jersey goes on white pants with the white helmet from above.

I am not a fan of navy as a base pant or jersey color. I can handle some stripes / outlines in navy, but that’s it. I feel like we are the only school where gold is our primary color… everyone else uses it as an accent against black or blue or maroon. I know what we did in navy jerseys, but I want to see gold and white. When dark / navy jersey comes in, I see ND, or Navy, or could it be Purdue, WF, UCF? White and gold is GT… let’s own it.
Thanks for the feedback.

My thoughts on navy is that when ppl say it’s not a Tech color, well they are wrong. We‘ve worn navy on and off since the Dodd years. While I don’t think it should be our primary, I think navy jerseys (only jerseys, not navy pants or helmets, that’s too much) should be worn once per year.

What never ever ever should return is black. Hell to the no no no. It was cool under Bill Curry but having black AND navy makes our brand confusing and inconsistent.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the feedback.

My thoughts on navy is that when ppl say it’s not a Tech color, well they are wrong. We‘ve worn navy on and off since the Dodd years. While I don’t think it should be our primary, I think navy jerseys (only jerseys, not navy pants or helmets, that’s too much) should be worn once per year.

What never ever ever should return is black. Hell to the no no no. It was cool under Bill Curry but having black AND navy makes our brand confusing and inconsistent.
Well, I never said it is not a Tech color… just that it should not be a primary Tech color. Trim, stripe, outline I can live with, just not a primary uniform color.
We need to lean into gold and white… that is my only point. It’s unique and sharp.

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
I dig the homecoming one. I made a similar one years ago and shared on stingtalk. We really need to do something with our old logo.

IMG_3273.png

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Well, I never said it is not a Tech color… just that it should not be a primary Tech color. Trim, stripe, outline I can live with, just not a primary uniform color.
We need to lean into gold and white… that is my only point. It’s unique and sharp.
Didn’t say that you did. Just a lot of old heads say that.

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
I think we need consistency. G/W/G home and away, every game, with an excellent team to go along with it. Perhaps one whiteout option. Let the team earn alternates for championship/playoff//bowl games.

I do love the 2006 throwbacks too though. And the citrus bowl unis.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the idea of occasionally using the Buzz logo on the helmets. The interlocking GT is a classic that should never go away, but I think it would be fun to change things up a little every now and then.

I’ve always been partial to the white jerseys with the gold numbers. We definitely need the numbers to have a dark outline, but the gold just looks really good.

One thing I don’t understand is what a white chrome helmet would look like. I wouldn’t mind seeing a shinier gold helmet occasionally similar to what Notre Dame has.