My Issues With Our Coaching

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
Enough rambling on: A question I would ask is: If the young man does not care about an education, then why should he go to a University? Why not get paid immediately? Minor league systems could teach players how to manage finances as well as a college can.

A minor league football league is not going to materialize until a drastic change occurs in college football. As far as I can tell, the NFL has zero incentive to develop such a league so long as colleges keep producing football trained athletes. An outside organization would have a very tough time sustaining such a league because it would have to complete with both the NFL and college football.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
A minor league football league is not going to materialize until a drastic change occurs in college football. As far as I can tell, the NFL has zero incentive to develop such a league so long as colleges keep producing football trained athletes. An outside organization would have a very tough time sustaining such a league because it would have to complete with both the NFL and college football.

I believe drastic changes are likely to happen within 10 years from lawsuits or from the NLRB. There are some schools where it should be pretty obvious that the players are in fact unpaid employees while the schools quasi pretend that they are students. The NFL is a monopoly that forces the kids to go to college. The NCAA is a monopoly that enforces working wages and conditions. Neither is evil by itself, but there are programs and coaches that absolutely take advantage of and use the kids solely because they are forced to attend by the NFL.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think Roof just misunderstood Paul's accent when he said, "We just need to be butter."

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I've wondered this for a long time, and You would be uniquely qualified to answer this question- are the academic requirements at Tech too rigorous for our teams to be able to put the needed amount of time both physically and mentally into being 100% prepared and technically sound to play football?

No. Like anything else the effort you put in is the effort you get out. Most of the SAs try to avoided the project laden or extremely hard classes in the fall anyway to avoid it becoming too rigorous.