My concern with Miami - Defense

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Watched it again. JG missed some reads and Mason missed some holes, but overall I thought they ran the ball well. Mason tried to bounce some of the stretch plays outside instead of taking the crease up the middle. The team needs to run the ball more. Too many third and longs. The first drive was a great mix up runs and short quick passing.

I know Miami is good at stopping the run but I’m order for them to have success GT will have to force the issue and grind it out.
That first drone was a thing of beauty. Even with the penalty we were still able to score. If that’s the potential of this O then it’s gonna be exciting. But whatever the hell happened after that series til halftime is something I hope we never see again. The 3rd and longs have been impossible for us to overcome

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m optimistic overall, but we simply don’t have the lines to do much this year. Miami is going to stack the box and we won’t be able to give Graham enough time to make downfield plays. Like last week, we’ll be in a lot of 2nd and 12’s. I just hope Graham can stay healthy with the beating he will take the rest of the season. But, I believe we will get the horses on campus over the next few recruiting classes and we’ll all forget about year 1.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I think we will hold our own defensively, but I dunno how we will keep them out of our backfield all day long on offense.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I don't see Tech covering the spread for the rest of the year tbh. I think this is an easy Miami win.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The entire Coastal sucks. I think we have a shot in every Coastal game. Hate week will be hell week though.
Good prediction.

Then I think we should run the ball A LOT. We know they are talented at stopping the run so put them to the test. No reason to sell out or lie down.
Good call.

I think we may have found the special sauce today. Mason, Mason, Mason coupled with some timely passing.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
You nailed it. Run the football. Worked today in Miami. I kept saying I wish they'd throw more on 1st down, but running the ball won the day.
That's what we do! I'm super happy the P'naude (he didnt earn the P'nut name this week) decided to pound the rock. We have great backs. I think we can win possibly 2 more if we keep doing this way

slugboy

Staff member
I like our wide-outs. It’s nice to see multiple receivers getting involved. Nearly all of them look like they can make plays.
I’m not sure what we’ll see against Pitt, but I’m perfectly happy making a ton of yards and some points against whatever is open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I like our wide-outs. It’s nice to see multiple receivers getting involved. Nearly all of them look like they can make plays.
I’m not sure what we’ll see against Pitt, but I’m perfectly happy making a ton of yards and some points against whatever is open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They made some tough catches when it mattered most. All of a sudden we seem to have a number of good receivers this year.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Their defense looks pretty good, especially run defense. Georgia Tech is pretty inept passing, and if Miami shuts down the run Tech will punting all day. GT ranks near dead last in a few passing stats nationally, and Miami stuffs the run.

#7 in the nation in rush defense. Only allow 2.6 yards per carry as well. They allow 77 rush yards per game. #20 in scoring defense... They gave up 42 to Virginia Tech, but that was really more of a product of having 5 turnovers in the game. They threw 4 interceptions on 4 straight possessions to give the game away.

The reason Vegas has the spread at 20 is because they don't believe Georgia Tech will score, or at least not score more than 3-10 points.
You pretty much nailed this. We were helped by a special teams td and a defense td. Miami’s D really made us earn this one. Our offense did well enough to keep our defense off the field and rested. This allowed defense and special teams to win it for us. Great team win (I love team wins).