• Yes, that’s about right

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Collins will be fired by week 6

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson- Blowout loss

Clemson will be better this year, their defense will be too much for us, but I do think sims will perform well this game

Western Carolina- Blowout win

Ole Miss- Blowout loss

We will keep it close for the first part of the game but after that not happening

UCF- Close win

We will go into Orlando and win in a nail bitter and a thriller

Pittsburgh- Sloppy blowout loss

Pittsburgh will cook us- again

Duke- Semi-close win

This game will be within 5-20 point win

Virginia- Close win

I predict this one to go in to OT and Bobby Dodd stadium to go wild after this win

FSU- Close win

I think we will be losing by 10+ at halftime but comeback to pull out a win late

Virginia Tech- Close win

This game will get us into a bowl game and save CGCs job, it would also be our 4th straight win

Miami- Blowout loss

Miami will be good this year in my opinion

UNC- Close loss

This is a 50/50 game, I think drake maye has a good game

UGA- BLOWOUT LOSS

Nothing more to be said

Bowl game- My prediction is the Tony the Tiger sun bowl against Washington State- With a close win

FINAL PROJECTION- 7-6

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Clemson- Blowout loss

Clemson will be better this year, their defense will be too much for us, but I do think sims will perform well this game

Ole Miss- Blowout loss

We will keep it close for the first part of the game but after that not happening

UCF- Close win

Duke- Semi-close win

Virginia- Close win

I predict this one to go in to OT and Bobby Dodd stadium to go wild after this win

FSU- Close win

I think we will be losing by 10+ at halftime but comeback to pull out a win late

Virginia Tech- Close win

This game will get us into a bowl game and save CGCs job, it would also be our 4th straight win

Miami- Blowout loss

UNC- Close loss

UGA- BLOWOUT LOSS

Nothing more to be said

Bowl game- My prediction is the Tony the Tiger sun bowl against Washington State- With a close win

FINAL PROJECTION- 7-6
Your optimism does you credit but you have Tech beating UVA, Virginia Tech, UCF, and FSU. We might win one of those on the way to another 3 or 4 win season. Another rebuilt offensive line from castoffs that other teams don't want does not instill confidence.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Just my opinion. If we get “blown out” two outta the first three games…we’re not winning 7. Not saying we won’t lose those two. Also, to the “wrong year” comment…if we don’t win 6 or 7 this year, we’re not winning 7 next year. Geoff will get canned and we’ll have to start over. 7 wins with a new HC after 4 terrible seasons is unlikely, unless we luck out and get someone like Chadwell, which is also unlikely.

And let me add. We’re fully capable of winning every game except maybe the last one.

JacketFan137

Banned
Just my opinion. If we get “blown out” two outta the first three games…we’re not winning 7. Not saying we won’t lose those two. Also, to the “wrong year” comment…if we don’t win 6 or 7 this year, we’re not winning 7 next year. Geoff will get canned and we’ll have to start over. 7 wins with a new HC after 4 terrible seasons is unlikely, unless we luck out and get someone like Chadwell, which is also unlikely.

And let me add. We’re fully capable of winning every game except maybe the last one.
7 games with a new coach isn’t too out of question. a new coach likely wouldn’t be installing some drastically different offense or anything so i think the adjustment would come a lot faster and with the right coach 7 or even more wins is within the range of outcomes

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow

I fully agree with the last sentence. I dint see any games that we SHOULDN’T be in competitively.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
We have never lost this many games to clemson in a row, or anyone else that I can think of for that matter (I could be wrong). It ends this year without B Venables. Call me naive but I have faith in Long and Weinke…
Fwiw I looked into it

Clemson on 7 straight

Tennessee beat us 8 straight from 1967-76

Auburn beat us 9 straight from 1979-87

Thought the longest would be Notre Dame tbh since they are 30-6 against us but their longest streak was only 6

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Your optimism does you credit but you have Tech beating UVA, Virginia Tech, UCF, and FSU. We might win one of those on the way to another 3 or 4 win season. Another rebuilt offensive line from castoffs that other teams don't want does not instill confidence.
Hear me out, this year is do or die, Collins has nothing to lose, the players finally buy in to the program, players BELIEVE, something we haven’t had in the Collins era, some new coaches and catching some teams off guard can and will lead to a bowl game season

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I believe we will feel a lot like Nebraska fans after their first game. If CGC throws his assistants under the bus after our first loss like Scott Frost did I hope we would do something about it sooner but I see us sticking with him throughout the rest of this season.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I think we CAN win 7 if we play perfect football the whole year. This season could be between 1-7 wins depending on how it goes.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hear me out, this year is do or die, Collins has nothing to lose, the players finally buy in to the program, players BELIEVE, something we haven’t had in the Collins era, some new coaches and catching some teams off guard can and will lead to a bowl game season

I hear you. It's not impossible. Going into 2014 there was a narrative on the boards that PJ couldn't win without CCG's recruits, he couldn't make it work with Vad Lee, we didn't have a true B-Back... (Credit to the few posters saying Justin Thomas was the real deal and watch out.) That team gelled, bought in, rallied around JeT and way outperformed the projections. So, yeah, maybe most of us are wrong and this team will find something special...

But the way Collins seemed to lose the locker room last season... Last year was supposed to be the year everything lined up to take the next step. Year one was always going to suck without a QB or TEs or a fill-in-the-blank to fit the new offense. Year two was covid. But last year, we had Sims and Gibbs. There'd been enough time for Collins' recruits to be ready to make an impact. The 'big' UNC win could've, should've, sparked... something; if there was something to spark in the team. It didn't. By the end of the year the team had no fight. A lot of the best players (and coaches) left the program. I just don't see Collins' program having a rally point. It's been all about 'fun', internal competition, social media... It's a very 'me' based culture. IMHO, that's where we've seen a lot of the undiscipline, the quit, the turnover. What we've been hearing from the coaches this offseason is much better (again IMHO). But I just don't see it being enough to turn things around in a big way against this schedule. Plus growing pains with a new offense and I don't see any real reason to think the defense will be better. Four years in, I just think we know who and what Collins is as a coach.

If I had to guess, this team is 'done' before we limp into Duke 1-4. (And don't take Western Carolina as a gimme. Collins' teams have shown the ability to lose to anyone.)

JacketFan137

Banned
I hear you. It's not impossible. Going into 2014 there was a narrative on the boards that PJ couldn't win without CCG's recruits, he couldn't make it work with Vad Lee, we didn't have a true B-Back... (Credit to the few posters saying Justin Thomas was the real deal and watch out.) That team gelled, bought in, rallied around JeT and way outperformed the projections. So, yeah, maybe most of us are wrong and this team will find something special...

But the way Collins seemed to lose the locker room last season... Last year was supposed to have everything lined up to take the next step. Year one without a QB or TE or fill in the blank to fit the offense was going to suck. Year two was covid. Last year, we had Sims and Gibbs and enough time for 'his recruits' to make an impact. The 'big' UNC win could've, should've, sparked... something; if there was something to spark in the team. It didn't. By the end of the year the team had no fight. A lot of the best players (and coaches) left the program. I just don't see Collins' program having a rally point. It's been all about 'fun', internal competition, social media... It's a very 'me' based culture. IMHO, that's where we've seen a lot of the undiscipline, the quit, the turnover. What we've been hearing from the coaches this offseason is much better (again IMHO). But I just don't see it being enough to turn things around in a big way against this schedule. Plus growing pains with a new offense and I don't see any real reason to think the defense will be better. Four years in, I just think we know who and what Collins is as a coach.

If I had to guess, this team is 'done' before we limp into Duke 1-4. (And don't take Western Carolina as a gimme. Collins' teams have shown the ability to lose to anyone.)
comments like this always seem to come from the perspective that you are in the locker room and have a much better idea of what’s actually going on. what makes you think guys quit on the team or collins lost the locker room?

we played poorly against a uga team that blew out basically everyone they played. the whole team got drafted basically, as embarrassing as the loss was i think that just is what it is. would you say michigan and arkansas quit? cause uga did essentially the same thing to them

i don’t see how you can just say there is a me culture on the team. the players seem to support each other even amongst position groups. sims was not pouting on the bench when yates got the start vs unc. you see all the players hyping each other up on social media. a lot of guys who have graduated/got drafted or moved to a different program have said pretty positive things

if you wanna say that collins is a bad coach there is no argument against that we’ve all seen the games and the record and the stats. i just think it’s being really unfair to both the coaches and the players to present it like this is just a mad house of players doing whatever they want, quitting and not liking the team.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
comments like this always seem to come from the perspective that you are in the locker room and have a much better idea of what’s actually going on. what makes you think guys quit on the team or collins lost the locker room?

You seem to be reading more into the OPs comments than were actually there. The OP clearly used the phrase "seemed to lose the locker room last season" and stated several times that the points he was making was personal opinion. You might not always like someone else's point of view, but you don't get to determine what other people think. Attacking the point of view in the manner you have done doesn't really further debate. If anything, it only entrenches peoples opinions. If someone is presenting patently false information, or presenting opinion as fact, that is another matter entirely. In this case, everything was presented as opinion.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I mostly agree with your opinion re: locker room, players quitting or leaving for other programs. My opinion is : Tech ( at this time ) just does not have enough " difference maker " players and have not since Collins has been coach.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson- Blowout loss

Ole Miss- Blowout loss

UCF- Close win

Duke- Semi-close win

Virginia- Close win

FSU- Close win

Virginia Tech- Close win

Miami- Blowout loss

UNC- Close loss

UGA- BLOWOUT LOSS

Nothing more to be said

FINAL PROJECTION- 7-6
Heck, I'll go even further and say Clemson and Pitt are NOT blowout losses. I still think we got a good shot to upset Clemson. We played them real close last year, I don't think they'll jump right out the gates with Klubnik, I think we have a shot for DJ to start slow and their offense to be somewhat stagnant again. And hopefully Sims can take control of the O and make some plays with his feet to move the ball against them.

Pitt, even if they do beat us fairly soundly on the field I doubt it will be a "blowout", at least on the scoreboard. No Pickett, No Addison, No Whipple. I have a feeling they'll be more like previous iterations of Pitt. Really tough D and a decent run game.

Other than that I might flip your predictions for UCF and UNC, in my opinion. But all of this is certainly possible.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Not necessarily starting over if offense is improving all season.
WE GO WITH
Conditional hire senior head coach and his hot young DC. We do this for $ and so we don't loose a greatly improved Sims ( like in hoosiers - coach stays i play).