Mouth agape at ESPN CFB Daily (ACC vs SEC)

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I can never truly convince myself of media bias until it slaps me in the face. Because you always want to check yourself against wearing colored glasses.

For instance, my Dad always railed at the bias of the NFL establishment against the Cardinals organization, and I would protest that it's a small market team, TV people are just lazy, etc. Then the NFL Network ran a special on the 1947 NFL Championship. If you're not aware, the Cardinals had a star lineman DROP DEAD IN THE LOCKER ROOM the week beforehand, yet NFLN thought it was more important that Steve Van Buren's car broke down & he had to take a train to the stadium. THAT is bias.

So I'm watching CFB Daily last night, and the Louisville vs. Auburn game came up. Tom Lugenbill & the Three Stooges are sitting there, and the anchor man literally says:

"An ACC team beating an SEC team? I can't believe I'm saying this, but...it could happen!!"

Didn't the ACC go 4-1 against the SEC last year? The bias is undeniably real. Worse, it's to the point where ESPN basically just lies about the results on the field & hopes the fans don't notice.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
I can never truly convince myself of media bias until it slaps me in the face. Because you always want to check yourself against wearing colored glasses.

For instance, my Dad always railed at the bias of the NFL establishment against the Cardinals organization, and I would protest that it's a small market team, TV people are just lazy, etc. Then the NFL Network ran a special on the 1947 NFL Championship. If you're not aware, the Cardinals had a star lineman DROP DEAD IN THE LOCKER ROOM the week beforehand, yet NFLN thought it was more important that Steve Van Buren's car broke down & he had to take a train to the stadium. THAT is bias.

So I'm watching CFB Daily last night, and the Louisville vs. Auburn game came up. Tom Lugenbill & the Three Stooges are sitting there, and the anchor man literally says:

"An ACC team beating an SEC team? I can't believe I'm saying this, but...it could happen!!"

Didn't the ACC go 4-1 against the SEC last year? The bias is undeniably real. Worse, it's to the point where ESPN basically just lies about the results on the field & hopes the fans don't notice.

Pretty sure we went 4-1 just on rivalry weekend. Not sure what the season record against the SEC was

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure we went 4-1 just on rivalry weekend. Not sure what the season record against the SEC was
I believe it was 4-0 Rivalry weekend (UL > Kentucky, FSU > UF, Clemson > SCAR, GT > uga), 0-1 other weeks of reg season (Clemson < uga week 1), 1-2 in bowls (GT > MSU, Miami < SCAR, UL < uga) + 1 bowl win if you are one of the people that counts ND with their bowl win over LSU

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe it was 4-0 Rivalry weekend (UL > Kentucky, FSU > UF, Clemson > SCAR, GT > uga), 0-1 other weeks of reg season (Clemson < uga week 1), 1-2 in bowls (GT > MSU, Miami < SCAR, UL < uga) + 1 bowl win if you are one of the people that counts ND with their bowl win over LSU

Didn't Vandy beat wake on rivalry weekend?

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Isn't Vandy's big rival Tennessee?
Tennessee used to play UK during rivalry week and UK and UL used to play at the beginning of the season. When UL joined the ACC the game against Kentucky was moved to the end of the year. Vandy used to play someone else during the last week and did have an OOC matchup with Wake recently. Now Tennessee and Vandy play during the last week

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC went 4-0 against the SEC on rivalry weekend. (GT> UGA, F$U > UF, UL > UK, Klem > USCe)

UGA > Klem regular season
USCe > UNC regular season
GT > MSU bowl
UGA > UL bowl
ND > LSU bowl

All for 1 2014 total of 6-3 against the mighty SEC.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I Then the NFL Network ran a special on the 1947 NFL Championship. If you're not aware, the Cardinals had a star lineman DROP DEAD IN THE LOCKER ROOM the week beforehand, yet NFLN thought it was more important that Steve Van Buren's car broke down & he had to take a train to the stadium. THAT is bias.

Nah, that's knowing your audience. And that will learn you to watch that babble, particularly if Lugenbill is within shouting distance of a microphone.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow

I had the same reaction you did when I heard this line. Complete disbelief....By the way, I like Auburn a little bit (too young for the rivalry and my first college game was us beating them in 2003, so there's not hate there) and I am not a fan of Lville's coach, but I hope Lville crushes Auburn! It won't happen, but I can see them beating them by 10 or so depending on how good their new QB is.