Mouth agape at ESPN CFB Daily (ACC vs SEC)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well, we have an entire season to go and the games are right there in front of all ACC teams to play against SEC opponents. I'd rather actually win the games than have prognosticators say we are going to win them beforehand. I hate the SEC bias as much as anybody, but let's control the narrative by winning on the field.
I even find myself grudgingly hoping UNC wins.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well, we have an entire season to go and the games are right there in front of all ACC teams to play against SEC opponents. I'd rather actually win the games than have prognosticators say we are going to win them beforehand. I hate the SEC bias as much as anybody, but let's control the narrative by winning on the field.
I agree to a point, but winning doesn't always control the narrative. ESPN has a conflict of interest between objectivity and making money.

I head an ESPN talking head say yesterday that now that there's a committee deciding things, it makes their commentary moot as an influence in deciding rankings. Boy, what is he smoking? Does he actually think Condoleeza Rice is watching college football games and coming to conclusions based completely on her own observations and knowledge of the game? (I just checked the committee and saw Dan Radakovich smiling at me??? Good grief!)