Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow

Not true. You are making assumptions based on your own bias. Our fan base just wants success which this guy has been far from providing.
oh am I? What assumptions have I given? I have given nothing but options. If you’re saying that I’m give to an an assumption that people don’t want GCC to be the one to succeed, I have gathered that information from looking at the length of this thread.

Last edited:

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
No tech fan wanted CGC to fail. I for one, would be doing cartwheels on North Avenue if he had proven me wrong. Unfortunately he hasn’t.
I think I should clarify, because you’re absolutely right. Nobody wants him to fail. My thought is that more people don’t want him to be the one succeeding going forward

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I should not have done it but checked what football fans are saying today about Tech on Twitter.

The good news is how clever and humorous the first couple of dozen or so posts were. The bad news is that Twitter is blowing up right now with Tech being the poster child for why some schools should not play football.
We are the poster child for how to not hire a football coach. Go back and watch the Tstan press conference announcing the CGC hire. He talked about the total person program, the culture, the need for recruiting, the intersection of the Saban and Urban Meyer coaching trees, blah blah blah. It was basically a flank attack on Paul Johnson. He did not once mention winning football games.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If some big money people told you they would give you money to eat CGC contract PLEASE do it. This coaching staff is a big fat joke, the only one I would keep is CTC. This program is at the bottom of the ACC. You made a mistake hiring this guy so now make it right. If you are still thinking of letting him coach one more year than you are the one that needs to go and I hope those big money people agree, also if CGC is still here next year understand after 40 years of season ticket I'm finished. Please let me wake up Monday to see him gone and we are looking for a real coach.
I hope you enjoyed the game today with 65% of the fans being uga fans, I hope you saw them laughing at us. Also I hope you saw their coaching staff coaching and our standing with a dumb look on their face again.
Remember one thing CGC has run this program in the ground and if you don't do someone so have you.

Krowensby

Georgia Tech Fan
I do hope he turns it around. Maybe this off season, he will attend a coaching for dummies class. Its not about the option vs. RPO. Its about the fact, he refuses to accept responsibility. Its the fact he makes a lot of game management mistakes. Its the fact he uses stupid catch phrases over and over. Its the fact he doesn't manage his coaches and team very well... So, its far beyond an offensive scheme. How many years does he get the "greatest rebuilding" excuse? 3 years? 4, 5???? I simply think he is full of BS. He hasn't proven anything to me, to show that I am wrong.... He talks an excellent game, but doesn't back it up.
I totally agree. Every year GT looked worse under Collins. Recruiting has got to be hurt. Who wants to come and play for a perennial losing team?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Oh I think everybody wants it to get turned around, but I don’t know how many people want CGC to be that guy anymore. And I mean it’s hard to argue against stats with the argument of hope
Our coaches are getting ridiculed on national tv every week. Tstan and Collins, plus their buddies did that. Most games they point out a questionable or poor coaching move, they have whole scripts developed for GT‘s dumb coaching right now. They ran out of material the 2nd week in a row.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
oh am I? What assumptions have I given? I have given nothing but options. If you’re saying that I’m give to an an assumption that people don’t want GCC to be the one to succeed, I have gathered that information from looking at the length of this thread.
Poor coaching is poor coaching. I don’t care who is doing it.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Big money guys should be more proactive than reactive. If there’s money to fire him there’s money to spend on quality coordinators and more analysts. And if there’s that much money we shouldn’t hire hired this goofball in the first place.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
If some big money people told you they would give you money to eat CGC contract PLEASE do it. This coaching staff is a big fat joke, the only one I would keep is CTC. This program is at the bottom of the ACC. You made a mistake hiring this guy so now make it right. If you are still thinking of letting him coach one more year than you are the one that needs to go and I hope those big money people agree, also if CGC is still here next year understand after 40 years of season ticket I'm finished. Please let me wake up Monday to see him gone and we are looking for a real coach.
I hope you enjoyed the game today with 65% of the fans being uga fans, I hope you saw them laughing at us. Also I hope you saw their coaching staff coaching and our standing with a dumb look on their face again.
Remember one thing CGC has run this program in the ground and if you don't do someone so have you.

65%?? At least 75%.