Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m in the minority that hopes it CGC that can get it turned around, if nothing else for redeeming what he got GT football in. But I also cant say that he hasn’t broken the GT football program. From bad hires, to sticking with guys that haven’t shown much, to driving down the fan base. It’s bad.
At the same time, I can’t blame him fully for the fans. Because half the people weren’t going to be happy with anything other than the triple option
I think everyone hopes he can get it turned around. The question is can he? I think a lot of us have lost faith in that.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I think everyone hopes he can get it turned around. The question is can he? I think a lot of us have lost faith in that.
Oh I think everybody wants it to get turned around, but I don’t know how many people want CGC to be that guy anymore. And I mean it’s hard to argue against stats with the argument of hope

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If I wake up Monday and this ain't what happens to this coaching staff next year will be worse

OIP.zpyJ5Sh5x4rkyMCJFrWraAHaE3

Jmonty71

Banned
At least this forgettable season closes.
I disagree..... I will remember this season, along with the last 2 other embarrassing seasons.... I want fans to remember. I want fans to get angry. I want fans to have their voices heard. Now, whether the AD gives two hits w/ an S.... That's another question. At the very least, I expect new coordinators, next season.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is what he should do. But he is so inept he can’t even do the professional thing.

No matter what we might think of him as a coach, if he were to just walk away from that kind of money he would be certifiably insane. He will coach again no matter how things play out here. They all do. But first and foremost we go to work to take care of our families and he has one to take care of as well.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I’m in the minority that hopes it CGC that can get it turned around, if nothing else for redeeming what he got GT football in. But I also cant say that he hasn’t broken the GT football program. From bad hires, to sticking with guys that haven’t shown much, to driving down the fan base. It’s bad.
At the same time, I can’t blame him fully for the fans. Because half the people weren’t going to be happy with anything other than the triple option
Not true. You are making assumptions based on your own bias. Our fan base just wants success which this guy has been far from providing.

Jmonty71

Banned
I do hope he turns it around. Maybe this off season, he will attend a coaching for dummies class. Its not about the option vs. RPO. Its about the fact, he refuses to accept responsibility. Its the fact he makes a lot of game management mistakes. Its the fact he uses stupid catch phrases over and over. Its the fact he doesn't manage his coaches and team very well... So, its far beyond an offensive scheme. How many years does he get the "greatest rebuilding" excuse? 3 years? 4, 5???? I simply think he is full of BS. He hasn't proven anything to me, to show that I am wrong.... He talks an excellent game, but doesn't back it up.

Krowensby

Georgia Tech Fan
That is not true. GT is in this position because of crappy coaching. It is easy to blame cpj, but this was poor coaching the last three years. There was no improvement! Period!
Collins took a winning program and trashed it. For those that forget, under Johnson GT had the record for longest streak of bowl games.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
No tech fan wanted CGC to fail. I for one, would be doing cartwheels on North Avenue if he had proven me wrong. Unfortunately he hasn’t.