Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He could have done a buy out but then what $$ would he have left to hire the replacement. He is trying to get to year 4 or 5 in the contract buyout. Hopefully he hasn't destroyed the fan base by then.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
You are totally correct. I may be speaking too soon but I expect next year will be lost year for GT football. Collins is a lame duck head coach and TStan will be gone along with him because of the 7 year contract..... I really hope I am proven wrong for the program's, student athlete's, and our liver's sakes.

Agreed. Sad to think of a time when there was less enthusiasm for the football program and no real excitement for next year. Stansbury will long regret giving Collins the 7 year contract. Just a horrible, horrible decision for an unproven coach.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
You are totally correct. I may be speaking too soon but I expect next year will be lost year for GT football. Collins is a lame duck head coach and TStan will be gone along with him because of the 7 year contract..... I really hope I am proven wrong for the program's, student athlete's, and our liver's sakes.
Well TStan does have experience in how to shut down a football program.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
From pretty much all reports TStan is fighting for Collins to stay. Whether they were willing to pay his buyout is pretty much irrelevant.

That's a tough hill to die on unfortunately. I wonder what TStan sees that makes him that positive that this is the right guy. I mean, Stansbury played college football, he should understand what it takes to produce a winning team.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Using your logic, if you don't like Collins then quit watching, quit discussing it, and shut it until he's no longer the coach.
I am afraid there will be a very large number of people who do exactly that. At least the people on here are interested enough to want something to change. I have talked to several people who just do not care anymore.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Using your logic, if you don't like Collins then quit watching, quit discussing it, and shut it until he's no longer the coach.
Nope. Not the same logic. What would be the same is if there was a “Save CGC” thread and people who wanted him fired kept reading it and telling everyone how stupid they were or no child older than 7 would do “X” or telling people on there to grow up.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Good. But I doubt it they will still be watching and commenting and miserable.
Its bad enough what the head coach has done driving away fans but to then have fans pushing other remaining fans away is even worse. Obviously Squints is still here and cares enough to post and could come back to a positive support if things turn around. But those who have crossed the chasm to just not caring are going to have a harder time coming back.
The remaining fans need to stop with this foolishness of pushing other fans away from the team simple becuase they dont like what they post.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Wait, weren't they supposed to give him at least 4 years??? I mean, he just went 3-9 this year and got fired after 2 years. Maybe not enough juice? Poor sideline dancing by the team? Not enough elite-ness? Not enough hugs and saying "I love you." This is outrageous!! At least they waited for the buyout to drop by $2 million today. ;)

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wait, weren't they supposed to give him at least 4 years??? I mean, he just went 3-9 this year and got fired after 2 years. Maybe not enough juice? Poor sideline dancing by the team? Not enough elite-ness? Not enough hugs and saying "I love you." This is outrageous!! At least they waited for the buyout to drop by $2 million today. ;)

I guess CSU wasn't as desperate to give this guy a ridiculous contract and buyout. I guess that is because he did not have to be part of the "greatest transition in history"? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
One of them said that he believed what he was told before the season, but that he won't believe anything now until he actually sees

His wasn’t the most monumental transformation in the history of college football, so he only got a 4-year deal

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Lost 6 in a row to end the season…who wouldn’t fire him? Oh, right…