Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think we are stuck with Geoff for at least another year. But the reality is, no one is going to want this job. It's the Afghanistan Pullout applied to college football.
Really good analogy.

Our next hire will have to be a guy who has proven to be a winner at a lower level or an older coach who some may have given up on. I personally would love Monken, but I realize too many of the money guys don’t want that. I will continue to believe GT is much closer to being a military academy (also STEM schools) than we are a serious contender in this new age of big $$ college football. We need a niche.

Animal02

Banned
You
So I said this in the pre-game thread but you guys who were predicting a team who can barely move the ball past midfield to win by 30 are enormous clowns. Collins had me through his successful recruiting and branding til now but has now lost me for multiple reasons from this game. If we lose to Kennesaw State next week it's for the better.
I was vilified by the Kool aid drinkers here. I saw through his BS the moment I met him before the the bowl game in Detroit.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
How do I know that? Because he was in Atlanta today beating the crap out of a team 43-10 (on the road).... A team that is better than Northern Illinois.... with players who couldn't even get scholarship offers from Northern Illinois or Georgia Tech.... The last time Georgia Tech had a competent coach and played a crap team from the MAC, they won 63-17 and had about 600 yards of offense.... oh, and by the way, Nate Woody is at Army too and they had the #1 ranked total defense in the country last year.... He'd still be the defensive coordinator here.

Man, I feel bad for Tobias Oliver.... dude was born to run the option... then converted to some bogus system... then converted to running back... Then to receiver... then a kick returner... and is now playing defense and special teams. Dude was damn near a 1,000 yard rusher AS A BACKUP, with the starter having over 900 rushing yards that year.

QB: Tobias Oliver
AB: Dontae Smith
AB: Jahmyr Gibbs
BB: Jordan Mason
WR: Malachi Carter
WR: Adonicas Sanders
OL: Who cares they would be good

Georgia Tech had a choice... continue with it's unique identity and structure, or go out and try to join the herd... They chose to join the herd, and in doing so hired a con-man with barely any experience who went 7-6 and 8-4 at Temple.. and here he is in year 3 starting the campaign with a loss to a really bad Northern Illinois team.

Luckily they get Kennesaw State next week to stop the bleeding...

This is a 2-3 win team, at best.... and one of those has got to be Kennesaw State.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Butch was HATED in Knoxville. They spit on his wife at the grocery store. We don't need that. We need a real coach. But we can't afford one.
I bet Bohanon wouldn't be that expensive. Heck, we could probably pool in our resources and pay him