Smelter

On D:
Keshun Freeman
Adam Gotsis
DJ White
Isaiah Johnson
Jamaal Golden
PJ Davis

So many guys reinvented themselves this year. If I had to pick just one, I'd give it to Bryan Chamberlain. The dude has come a loooooooooooong way. I don't hear anybody calling for his replacement anymore or being the weak link on the OL.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Chamberlain no doubt. Could say Freeman as well but I don’t know how you could pick a freshman to be most improved when it’s his first year.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking back from the start of the year to the end.....I think I would vote Isaiah Johnson the most improved with Golden a close second. They were both looking pretty rough at the beginning. I thought Johnson in particular played a heck of a game against the mutts this year. One play that sticks out to me early on in the year was against Georgia Southern. In the first quarter, Johnson took a terrible angle and their back ran for a long TD. He seemed to take a lot of bad angles in the first half of the year but turned it around the second half.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
At the start of the year Joe was just a name on the roster, now he gets his minutes.

But my vote goes to Chamberlain. At the start of the year most of us were trying to find a way to keep him out of the lineup.
Now we do not want to play unless he shows up.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I had Chamberlain in mind when I clicked the thread. Others have improved greatly and I would also agree that Snoddy and Joe deserve mention, but Brian has come the longest way in the least time. Last year, he was a false start waiting to happen and couldn't pass block worth a flip. This year, he's a stalwart of the OL and death on opposing D players.

Thanks Brian!

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Is there a difference between "most improved" and "breakout" player?

I'd go with Chamberlain slightly ahead of Snoddy as most improved just because it's been over multiple years whereas Snoddy has just been this year.

Breakout player, I'd go with Synjyn Days or Freddie Burden.

MVP, I'd go with Justin Thomas with Smelter and Shaq being tied for second.

On defense ...
Most Improved: Pat Gamble
Breakout: Keshun Freeman
MVP: PJ Davis with Nealy and DJ White tied for second.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is there a difference between "most improved" and "breakout" player?

I'd go with Chamberlain slightly ahead of Snoddy as most improved just because it's been over multiple years whereas Snoddy has just been this year.

Breakout player, I'd go with Synjyn Days or Freddie Burden.

MVP, I'd go with Justin Thomas with Smelter and Shaq being tied for second.

On defense ...
Most Improved: Pat Gamble
Breakout: Keshun Freeman
MVP: PJ Davis with Nealy and DJ White tied for second.
I think a "breakout" player is someone who goes from an unknown to a star player, a 1 - 8 guy, if you will. Most improved is just that, shown the most development from this point last year to now.