Most exciting play in Tech history?

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Glenn There are no trolls here, your upset about a truthful comment. That is fine, but do chill it is just the internet.

I don't give a rat's *** if it's the truth or not; the issue is why would anyone say ANYTHING negative SO SOON after a game like THAT? The answer is BECAUSE THEY'RE A TROLL.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I agree, it was the most exciting play I have ever seen. Others were close, but not this good, such as: Watkins catch to beat Clemson,
Calvin's two catches to beat Clemson, the Miracle on North Avenue, Don Toner's interception to beat Bama in 1962, Sisson's FG to beat UVA, Lee's TD vs UGA.
I go with Lee and the kickoff in the fog......we needed that game to stop the bleeding and we got it.....Don Toner was a gamer and his int was precious also.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Just reading this thread makes me appreciate being a Tech fan even more. We've had a bunch of timeless moments on the grid iron. Can't believe nothing from the Lil' Joe days?

No prettier a deep ball than off the hand of Lil' Joe.

Sure miss that guy.........he could do many things on a Saturday to make the day entertaining.He was a winner on and off the field.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
My original post was a truthful opinion on how I felt the game would have gone. No way it was trolling or untrue
I never said you were trolling or that your didn't make a statement you believed. Chicken Little truly believed the sky was falling and spread that negative word when in reality it was not.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't give a rat's *** if it's the truth or not; the issue is why would anyone say ANYTHING negative SO SOON after a game like THAT? The answer is BECAUSE THEY'RE A TROLL.

I never said you were trolling or that your didn't make a statement you believed. Chicken Little truly believed the sky was falling and spread that negative word when in reality it was not.

Guys, chill out, I was there, I was screaming for Tech to block the kick, but I had doubts about it, and I was also concerned that if we went to overtime could we hold out and win. Why do you think the crowd was so loud when they blocked the kick, and it got LOUDER (the loudest I've ever heard in my 55 years of going to games at BDS) when Lance picked it up and we realized he could score! The unbelievable became reality! Buzzstone is not a troll or a 'chicken little', he's a Tech Fan and we've all had our doubts........

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My list:

CPJ Era only:
1. Miracle on Techwood 2015
2. The Pick 2014
3. Miracle on North Ave 2008
4. JD's dive play that went to the house on the cutback immediately after the fumbled KO by UGAg 2008
5. Roddy's skate down the sideline UGA 2008
6. The Kick 2014
7. JD's game saving TD run at BC off the speed option 2008
8. Nesbitt's TD run vs Wake 2009?
9. "They can't stop it folks" JT against MSU Orange Bowl 2014

MY All Time TECH memories 1980-present:
2. The Muff and the Catch at Climpsum 2004
3. The Pick 2014
4. Gary Lee fog bowl return vs UGAg 1985
5. Hamilton's TD pass to Dez White in Q4 to beat UVA at home in a huge comeback 1998?
6. Jasper Sanks 1999
7. Michael Johnson's two sacks to finish off MD in 2007?
8. The Kick 2014
9. Goose to Kerry Wadkins, "the catch" vs Clemson 2000?
10. Sisson's kick vs UVA 1990
11. Lavette some how snaking through the pile against Bammer 1980

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree, except for possibly the kick against UVA in 1990, the muff and the Calvin catch against Clemson, Wadkins one hander against Clemson, Don Toner's interception against Alabama when they were number one, and of course, the 53 yard kick against Georgia last year coupled with the interception by DJ. All of them and some others were great but the atmosphere at this one is what makes it so very special. National TV audience, on prime time, with a white out and an electric BDS crowd. Can't ask for more. Top ten opponent. Recruits in the crowd, the works.
1990 Citrus Bowl running back William Bell (most under appreciated GT running back ever?) careening into the line, churning, churning, spinning away then breaking away and diving into the end zone for a touch down...awesome!
A back breakerr for Nebraska...

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My list:

CPJ Era only:
2. The Pick 2014
3. Miracle on North Ave 2008
4. JD's dive play that went to the house on the cutback immediately after the fumbled KO by UGAg 2008
5. Roddy's skate down the sideline UGA 2008
6. The Kick 2014
7. JD's game saving TD run at BC off the speed option 2008
8. Nesbitt's TD run vs Wake 2009?
9. "They can't stop it folks" JT against MSU Orange Bowl 2014

MY All Time TECH memories 1980-present:
2. The Muff and the Catch at Climpsum 2004
3. The Pick 2014
4. Gary Lee fog bowl return vs UGAg 1985
5. Hamilton's TD pass to Dez White in Q4 to beat UVA at home in a huge comeback 1998?
6. Jasper Sanks 1999
7. Michael Johnson's two sacks to finish off MD in 2007?
8. The Kick 2014
9. Goose to Kerry Wadkins, "the catch" vs Clemson 2000?
10. Sisson's kick vs UVA 1990
11. Lavette some how snaking through the pile against Bammer 1980
Wow, that's a great list. I'd push Sisson's kick up but other than that I have a hard time arguing with it!

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
1990 Citrus Bowl running back William Bell (most under appreciated GT running back ever?) careening into the line, churning, churning, spinning away then breaking away and diving into the end zone for a touch down...awesome!
A back breakerr for Nebraska...
How could I forget that run?! Great one. Plus a genuinely nice guy. I knew him well in school (which is part of the reason for my avatar), and I agree he's probably the most under-appreciated back.

RE: B*** F-in L*****, how could he not just run the crap out of the ball with Bell, Levens, and Lincoln? (Sorry to head off on a tangent, I am always stunned when I think of this).

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Howdy Mack! You are right on the money on this.
Hey Cheese ! ong time no see.....we have seen many moments of tech football.....guess the total teams I liked to watch were the Lothridge and Martin combo....billy was just so cool and Martin would play both ways.....always in the game with those two.Have a good one my friend.