Most Desirable AD Jobs in the ACC

Animal02

Banned
Four of the nine bullet-points are based on perception = this analysis is worthless propaganda !
It was a poll of ADs and maybe ADs.....yes it is perception........but isn't that what all the hype is about with the new HC.........so perception is good there, whether based on facts or not, but completely wrong when ADs have it? And it is not propaganda unless they all conspired to rank certain schools over others.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
It was a poll of ADs and maybe ADs.....yes it is perception........but isn't that what all the hype is about with the new HC.........so perception is good there, whether based on facts or not, but completely wrong when ADs have it? And it is not propaganda unless they all conspired to rank certain schools over others.

Apples to Oranges ... outside AD's who know nothing about GT vs. hype by a fanbase for a new coach.
And, propaganda to me is continuing to go with the narrative ... GT can't be successful because blah-blah-blah, we've all heard it before.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Apples to Oranges ... outside AD's who know nothing about GT vs. hype by a fanbase for a new coach.
And, propaganda to me is continuing to go with the narrative ... GT can't be successful because blah-blah-blah, we've all heard it before.
Does that matter? I mean we aren’t looking for an AD but this is what outsiders think about us so it has some meaning. I look at it as a list of thing s to work on.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
The poll is useful for evaluating perception. That matters greatly regardless of how discrepant it is with reality. The results underscore what CGC is doing and how that needs to extend across our athletics programs.

Animal02

Banned
In essence, to Animals point about new coach hype ... this is what CGC is doing, change the Brand !
And I was not knowcking the new coach....simply knocking fans that willingly accept hype from the new coach, regardless of the facts, in order to boost perception and then hand way away a survey of perception by people that have a bigger insight into what is having around the college athletic world than any of us here.

Animal02

Banned
Not apples and oranges at all. This is the current state of perception by current and possible ADs who have far more knowledge and insight into the world of college sports than anyone here.
There is no propaganda.......no on is saying GT cannot be successful, it is a snap shot of the current situation. Stop being butthurt over perceived slights to Tech. Were you to ask similar questions to general folks outside of the bubble......you would likely get similar answers.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I miss being an impressive bb school. Can we please become a bb school instead of a football school.

Football is ok but sorry, not sorry, bb is better.

Damn didn't realize UNC facilities were that nice. That's a suprise.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s pretty on the money. We simply don’t do the things necessary to compete with the heavyweights, and we don’t actually want to do those things. It’s not the fault of the people who participated in this survey; it’s our own.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
My question is how the institution brand so low??? This isn't related to sports. You mean to tell me there are 8 schools that more well known than GT for academics or as an institution?

Duke, and Notre Dame are the only 2 I can think of....

Animal02

Banned
My question is how the institution brand so low??? This isn't related to sports. You mean to tell me there are 8 schools that more well known than GT for academics or as an institution?

Duke, and Notre Dame are the only 2 I can think of....
An AD is probably thinking merchandise sales, not academics.
UNC, Clemp, FSU would definitely rank higher
I think the numbers are about right, except for Wake....WTF is their brand perception so high?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I miss being an impressive bb school. Can we please become a bb school instead of a football school.

Football is ok but sorry, not sorry, bb is better.

Damn didn't realize UNC facilities were that nice. That's a suprise.
Agree. And 8600 Tech fans in McCamish Pavilion creates a better atmosphere than 55,000 Tech fans in Bobby Dodd Stadium IMO, though night games are special. McCamish gets ear-splittingly loud, we just don't get those crowds lately.