Moses Wright POY & 1st team All-ACC, Jose Alvarado DPOY & 2nd team All-ACC

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Didn't see this posted. Great article on his journey

Wow...great job by DLab pounding the table for Moses. I mean, we're talking about an ACC assistant coach putting his butt on the line for a player who doesn't even have another D1 offer. Most recruits I can imagine on the P5 level are getting sold by assistant coaches to their HC by telling them St Johns/Middle Tenn/Lehigh/etc. are at least offering. Can you imagine what DLab had to sell? "Oh, he's 6'9...and he's athletic...and uh....um...Catawba also offered...and....and..."

Great job by Pastner looking past all of that and trusting DLab's judgement and their own evaluations.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
I tend to agree but if he could be a lottery pick after next season would he come back? I guess they the end of they day just enjoy the rest of the ride is the best way to look at it.
Love what he's become but a lottery pick isn't likely and especially not if he comes back. Fair or not the NBA uses prospect's ages against them.
Besides he cant play much better than he has been recently

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Listen to Pastner tell the story about cleaning Mose’s locker out and placing his stuff in the hallway during his Freshman year. It is too funny the way he tells it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Read the article.So Lebarrie spotting him and pushing JP to take him were key. Then JP sitting his gear in the "hall" ? wow This whole story borders on the unbelievable.
Then--It would be amazing if he came back. lol
Yeah I’d like to hear the “gear left in hallway” story. Must be funny now!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You have to believe Moses is contention for All American as well on some level. What are the odds of the ACC POY not making First or Second team All American?

EDIT:

Well, so far Sports Illustrated and Sporting News do not have Moses on any of their 1st-3rd All American teams.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You have to believe Moses is contention for All American as well on some level. What are the odds of the ACC POY not making First or Second team All American?

Jones was Third team last year.

Pretty much everyone else I looked at was second team at least by the looks of it.

I will say that I'm not sure how well I think Moses' year compares to those in years past (I just don't have a great judge for how well each did).

I do know there are a lot of really good bigs this year that might make it hard for Moses nationally.

Deleted member 2897

EDIT:

Well, so far Sports Illustrated and Sporting News do not have Moses on any of their 1st-3rd All American teams.

Well you forgot about the Big Ten. They will have probably 10 players on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd All American teams, because the Big Ten just means more this year.