More good work from K. Seguira

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
“You try to do what you feel like gives you the best chance to win,” he said. “Without getting on a different tangent, we go to practice every day, we watch those kids, we try to put ’em in a situation to do what they can do to help them win. It doesn’t do any good to keep stuffing a square peg in a round hole. At the same time, they’ve got to have something that they can do. You can’t wave a wand and all of the sudden, they become something they’re not, just because somebody thinks they are or wants them to be.”

Is that basically saying that Vad wasn't a good option QB? Cause that sure is what it sounds like he's saying to me...

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I get the feeling that we're not going to get too much from Coach during the spring. I don't think he's necessarily "humbled", because I'm not sure he's capable of that (and that's fine with me, for the record), but I think he feels the same "put up or shut up" feel from fans, media, etc. Even if I don't feel its totally warranted, its there nevertheless. My main hope for spring practices is that we come out of them with a strong chemistry and overall commitment to winning at all costs. Position battles matter, but I don't really care who wins them. I'd just love to see the D continue to improve in both aggressiveness and execution, and the O get back to the scoring machine it has been since 2008.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My take on our team is simple........are they motivated to play football on both sides of the ball for a full game.Sure the better team usually wins due to better athletes etc but if we are giving our all thats all we as fans can ask..I have watched us live three times and dont get the feeling that we are a cohesive group.No team effort at times on both sides of the ball.I realize this is not HS but if we get it together we can win but we have to ,in my opinion ,to be ready to tear a head off no matter what side of the ball you are on.No mistakes,good fundamental techs and winning attitude is what I and am sure others are looking for next year.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
In my mind I feel CPJ is excited about what he has in Justin Thomas. I feel that some of the noticeable changes on offense will be some things you saw from Todd Monken while he was at Georgia Southern. Looking forward to seeing long running plays and when the defense creeps up we hit them with the deep ball. Look at what a smaller fast QB does in this offense i.e. Georgia Southern vs Florida last year. A lightning quick QB in this system seems deadly. I hope we move Shamire Devine out to tackle so we can have two big guys at tackle with Devine and Griffin. Can't wait!!!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Coaches coach what they know. CJ has spent a career lifetime learning and developing "his" offense. That is who he is and what he does. He is the expert at his offense. As long as he is coach we should embrace his scheme, support and encourage his players, help him to recruit where we can, and come to the games.

CJ has a lot a good head coaching attributes. For many reasons (discussed at length here and elsewhere) he has just had a bad year, some of which was no doubt his own making such as occasional poor play calls and IMO non optimum use of personnel. Here are some observations: in addition to CJ's basic stuff we need to get the ball more in the hands of our best playmakers, especially Smelter, Summers, Andrews, Thomas, and likely Custis and Autry. On short yardage we need the best blocking A-backs or TE in the game. On passing downs we need the best receivers on the field. On defense we need more substitution, especially with the DTs and DEs. We need to use our superior WR depth to run a lot of fly patterns on run plays to wear out the opposition's CBs. Rocket tosses and pitchouts early in the game to those smaller faster red shirt senior A-backs will take some gas out of the defense and we will find out who will/will not block. Lets get some screen passes going to our playmakers and employ shorter passes to our playmakers to help our poor pass blocking.

I am optimistic that we are looking at much improved play this coming year and am excited about our new recruits taking us to more wins in the future. I hope coach CJ continues to do his thing and cleans up the execution in the process and adds some refinements to"his" scheme.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
We are gonna look like Navy on roids. Team unity won't be a problem. I see "team ball" rolling out on the field this year.
Man, I sure hope so. I just want to see crisp execution, guys moving on muscle memory, guys pancaking their blocking assignment, ball-carriers running at full speed as soon as JT slams the rock into their gut. I want to see OL fifteen yards downfield crushing LBs and safeties. I want to see the the enemy QB running for his life - unable to find an open man, enemy RBs getting knocked backwards as soon as they cross the LoS.

I want to see us playing football the way it was meant to be played.