More cowbell???

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Question as I'm ignorant to the rules.

Why are schools like Mississippi State and New Mexico State allowed to have cowbells, but GT enforces a "No noise making devices" policy???? I wish we could have a cool tool that makes it sound like a buzzing noise.

It's technically against the rules at Miss State. However, they don't try very hard to enforce it because it's tradition for them.

I would be game for kazoos or vuvuzelas. Anything to get louder in BDS.

I will say, the loudest I've ever heard BDS was the 2009 game against VT. There weren't any noise making devices at the game except a bunch of drunk and excited GT fans. We just need more of THAT.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I'd prefer that we don't use some artificial means to make our stadium louder. Why can't we just use our voices? When BDS is rocking, there aren't many places louder. I have two great examples from my time as a student. 2008 FSU and 2008 Miami(white out). I know that we caused at least a few false starts and burned time outs. The noise on 3rd down was defining. I want to hear that way more than some annoying bee noises.

MidnightJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm up for trying vuvuzelas until we're specifically told by the NCAA to stop. We are the yellow jackets, so who knows, maybe an exception is made as well.

As for the "get up and yell" folks on here, take a tour around the stadium this saturday. Outside of the student sections and the young alumni sections, very few other folks really get up and make noise unless it's 3rd and long, and even then there's a smattering of folks just standing there. And I'm not holding it against those fans, it takes a lot out of your throat to get up and make noise every defensive down at the top of your lungs. The worst that could happen is the kids at the game enjoy it for a few games until we're told to stop.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm up for trying vuvuzelas until we're specifically told by the NCAA to stop. We are the yellow jackets, so who knows, maybe an exception is made as well.

As for the "get up and yell" folks on here, take a tour around the stadium this saturday. Outside of the student sections and the young alumni sections, very few other folks really get up and make noise unless it's 3rd and long, and even then there's a smattering of folks just standing there. And I'm not holding it against those fans, it takes a lot out of your throat to get up and make noise every defensive down at the top of your lungs. The worst that could happen is the kids at the game enjoy it for a few games until we're told to stop.

You are better than me. I do hold it against those fans. Might as well just fill seats with blow up dolls. All many are good for is visual affect.