More cowbell???

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Question as I'm ignorant to the rules.

Why are schools like Mississippi State and New Mexico State allowed to have cowbells, but GT enforces a "No noise making devices" policy???? I wish we could have a cool tool that makes it sound like a buzzing noise.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Different conference rules?

At one time the SEC, I believe, did outlaw the cowbells but allowed them back if not rung when teams come to LOS. Not sure however.

I think kazoos at GT games would be absurd. I really am not overly fond of the piped in music between plays that goes on to what seems right before the snap.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
When wifey and I went to the GT - Mississippi State game some years back in Starkville I was preparing myself for the onslaught of cacophony from the cowbells, but got a pleasant surprise when they turned out not to be real, actual bells that cows wear (or wore, back in the day), but little tinkle sounding things that when rung en masse had a kind of magical sound to them. I found them to be rather pleasant, myself.

Such as cowbells or kazoos might be irritating to some, but I find them far preferable to the blatting of over-loud piped in music. I love music, but could they turn it down about eight notches? And music at a football game should be played by the BAND. But I digress...

LibertyTurns

Banned
When wifey and I went to the GT - Mississippi State game some years back in Starkville I was preparing myself for the onslaught of cacophony from the cowbells, but got a pleasant surprise when they turned out not to be real, actual bells that cows wear (or wore, back in the day), but little tinkle sounding things that when rung en masse had a kind of magical sound to them. I found them to be rather pleasant, myself.

Such as cowbells or kazoos might be irritating to some, but I find them far preferable to the blatting of over-loud piped in music. I love music, but could they turn it down about eight notches? And music at a football game should be played by the BAND. But I digress...
Well they brought the clankers to the Orange Bowl and they looked like parts that had fallen off their tractors they welded together. Thankfully they had few reasons to use them during the game. Before the game it was irritating, not anywhere near as annoying as barking, but nowhere near pleasant.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Because it's annoying as hell

Uh... yeah. It's to make as much noise as possible so hopefully a receiver cannot hear his quarterback make a change. That's why you get loud. It hypes the team up like crazy too!

So many people are like ugh, annoying... we aren't in a freaking movie theater... we need to make as much noise as possible. I know sometimes when the other team is close and near the endzone I turn around and beat the heck out of the bleacher seat to make noise.

It is a competitive advantage. If you dont think some of the players dont get fired up when we do your wrong.

Just saying, I want check off every possible thing these fans can do to help this team. Making BDS ear drum bleeding loud is important.

Like I said if your voice isnt strained after a GT game, why even go. You should walk out exhausted yourself.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Uh... yeah. It's to make as much noise as possible so hopefully a receiver cannot hear his quarterback make a change. That's why you get loud. It hypes the team up like crazy too!

So many people are like ugh, annoying... we aren't in a freaking movie theater... we need to make as much noise as possible. I know sometimes when the other team is close and near the endzone I turn around and beat the heck out of the bleacher seat to make noise.

It is a competitive advantage. If you dont think some of the players dont get fired up when we do your wrong.

Just saying, I want check off every possible thing these fans can do to help this team. Making BDS ear drum bleeding loud is important.

Like I said if your voice isnt strained after a GT game, why even go. You should walk out exhausted yourself.

I'm glad you know the correct way to be a fan.

I'd rather not get a migraine listening to a bunch of drunks blow on a kazoo for 3 hours.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Remember the vuvuzelas at the 2010 world cup? These sound kind of awesome because they sound just like a swarm of bees. We could be on to something.

These were present at the Citrus Bowl when we beat the tar out of Nebraska. Were being sold by vendors inside the stadium if I remember correctly. I have no idea what we did with the yellow ones we bought but I wish I still had it for memorabilia.

Milwaukee

Banned
These were present at the Citrus Bowl when we beat the tar out of Nebraska. Were being sold by vendors inside the stadium if I remember correctly. I have no idea what we did with the yellow ones we bought but I wish I still had it for memorabilia.

I did not know this. I think we should bring them back, but it would take a decent sized contingent of us.