1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Missouri under investigation? Post season ban?

Discussion in 'College & Pro Sports' started by orientalnc, Jan 31, 2019.

1. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

The reason that didn't happen is that UNC is "too big to fail". East Carolina or UNLV would have gotten dis-accredited. And it's not the NCAA or sports--it's that the capstone state university of that reputation for that many students is nigh-invulnerable from an accreditation point of view.

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Not to derail the thread, but the old Athletic Director from Baylor at that time and freaking Hugh Freeze from Ole Miss were hired to be Athletic Director and Football Coach at LIBERTY UNIVERSITY (a real actual Christian school). We live in an alternate universe.

3. GTpdm

GTpdm Helluva Engineer

I deal with SACS accountability for my department every year. Folks may not know this, but they threatened Tech with probation about five years ago—not for any bogus courses or sham academic programs, but for non-compliance in our reporting process. That’s right—we weren’t doing a good enough job documenting our academic review processes to their auditors. That’s it. Here it is five years later, and I’m still jumping through hoops to appease SACS. Every. Single. Spring. :mad::mad::mad:

Meanwhile, what did (u)NC get for letting a non-academic staff member/sports-booster create fake courses and assign grades in them, over more than a decade? Probation...for barely one academic year (June 2015-June 2016)...after SACS had found them non-compliant in multiple areas (including more than just the AFAM program) going back as far as 2012. Decade-plus of violations, three years of documented non-compliance, one year of probation..and then one fluffy report to SACS gets them totally off the hook. Makes me wonder if AFAM secretary who retired from (u)NC was hired as a “secretary” for SACS.

4. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer