Minnesota Cheaters?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Oh geez, please don't start whining like the Ohio State fanbase. They whipped our asses that day and it had nothing to do with some videotape.

absolutely. And. Paul didn’t signal in plays so they cant film sign stealing. We had plenty of games on tape. There is nothin to reveal in the paul system. In fact. He is on record as saying he sent plays in via AB due to stealing.

now. On D that would be different. But we scored 10. And gave up what A roof d does too much. Lol.

park me in the camp of a lame duck staff half checked out and some players were too

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
absolutely. And. Paul didn’t signal in plays so they cant film sign stealing. We had plenty of games on tape. There is nothin to reveal in the paul system. In fact. He is on record as saying he sent plays in via AB due to stealing.

now. On D that would be different. But we scored 10. And gave up what A roof d does too much. Lol.

park me in the camp of a lame duck staff half checked out and some players were too

Yeah in 2015 when our a-back depth and othe rthings forced us to signal in the plays Miami was able to figure it out. Not surprising actually one of the keys to johnsons offense is a small number of plays, but a lot of blocking variation. Hard to communicate that with signals.

The loss at this bowl was not an issue with offense. It was an issue with defense. As we seem to have. And Minnesota was a damn good team.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Yeah in 2015 when our a-back depth and othe rthings forced us to signal in the plays Miami was able to figure it out. Not surprising actually one of the keys to johnsons offense is a small number of plays, but a lot of blocking variation. Hard to communicate that with signals.
Maybe it wasn’t the offensive plays they stole?

Maybe it was both?

To be honest though it looked like we were as enthused as going to your Mother In Law’s place and had to put up with her yapping toy poodle for a week. How we didn’t end up in the Military Bowl. It was a slam dunk decision, in typical GT fashion somehow it got screwed up.

slugboy

Staff member
Maybe it wasn’t the offensive plays they stole?

Maybe it was both?

To be honest though it looked like we were as enthused as going to your Mother In Law’s place and had to put up with her yapping toy poodle for a week. How we didn’t end up in the Military Bowl. It was a slam dunk decision, in typical GT fashion somehow it got screwed up.

Could easily have scouted both, and I would think Woody’s defense would be very heavy on adjustments and tweaks. Why would you turn the camera off on defense?

I just remember Minnesota running behind that tackle that looked like he weighed 400 pounds. He could lean for a four yard gain. I’m surprised they didn’t score more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmonty71

Banned
This is child's play compared to the crap the Patriots have done. If anything else in society teaches us, is that cheaters DO win. Nice guys finish last. And, if you turn the other cheek, you will just get slapped on the other cheek. Maybe once upon a time, these weren't true. But, not any more. As my friend often tells me, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This is child's play compared to the crap the Patriots have done. If anything else in society teaches us, is that cheaters DO win. Nice guys finish last. And, if you turn the other cheek, you will just get slapped on the other cheek. Maybe once upon a time, these weren't true. But, not any more. As my friend often tells me, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Yeah, and it's becoming more and more accepted as the status quo.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My guess = Fleck and co. spied on Tech because they actually thought it would help. The only thing that would do that with Paul's O was if you had someone who a) got you the blocking calls and b) was sitting right there next to Paul when he made them and c) got on their cell real, real fast to tell you what they were and d) you had a super-stealth, super-fast way to signal the D what was coming. One of the things that made us so hard to stop on O - except up in Detroit - was that kind of flexibility. D is another story, but that is a lot harder to get tendencies on.

We lost to Minnesota because the D couldn't hold them and they were good enough to slow us down on O. TOP was about the same, but they had more big plays. They were just rounding into the shape they showed this year; they beat Wisconsin two weeks (I think) before. It happens.