Miami Today 1pm ESPNU

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
And he had 6 assists and plays on a team that doesn't utilize just one point guard at a time as both McCellan and Newton share some PG responsibilities. They combined for 36 points 8 assists where our 3 guards combined for 18-9.
Adam Smith and Marcus don't do the same thing?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Adam Smith and Marcus don't do the same thing?

I included Smith in the numbers but he rarely shares in the point guard duties. It's why when we go to both Jorgenosn and Heath off, Hunt slides all the way to the one instead of Smith. Hunt takes on some of the PG duties because he has to, not because it's a natural part of his game. His sharing of the duties is a symptom of our point guard issues, not a counter example of it.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I included Smith in the numbers but he rarely shares in the point guard duties. It's why when we go to both Jorgenosn and Heath off, Hunt slides all the way to the one instead of Smith. Hunt takes on some of the PG duties because he has to, not because it's a natural part of his game. His sharing of the duties is a symptom of our point guard issues, not a counter example of it.
My point is that we also have guards that share PG responsibilities. Marcus ran the 1 at times along with Adam, Travis, and Josh. He dumped in 19 points and an assist, which if we add to your total, would give us 37-10 and besting the Miami trio.

I think we both agree our true PG play leaves much to be desired, but I don't think that position is why we lost yesterday.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My point is that we also have guards that share PG responsibilities. Marcus ran the 1 at times along with Adam, Travis, and Josh. He dumped in 19 points and an assist, which if we add to your total, would give us 37-10 and besting the Miami trio.

I think we both agree our true PG play leaves much to be desired, but I don't think that position is why we lost yesterday.

Smith rarely shares the PG responsibilities. Hunt wouldn't normally except nobody else is good enough so he is forced to. Miami's starting SF Reed started at point guard at miami but doesn't really have to help out because their guards handle it. If Hunt were at Miami he would be the same. You add Hunt in there and act 4 players, 3 starters, producing all of 1 point and 2 assists more in the game than their three guys, 2 starters, is a point that point guard play doesn't hurt us. It's the exact opposite. The fact that we have to dedicate 3 starters and 4 total players to handle the job that the other team handled with 2 starters and 3 total players is a huge red flag that pg play for us is bad. And even more so when Miami's starting SF isn't even being factored into those stats and, to reiterate, he started as a point guard at miami.

The simple fact that we are trying to use Hunt at the pg spot alone shows our problem at that position because it isn't like he is a natural point forward type.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Why does Gregory play both jorgenson and heath? There both terrible, but if your gonna play them than just play one of them not both. There the same player, no threat to score, cant shoot, and cant defend.

Feel bad for MGH has had a rlly good year and leaves it on the court but Coach is letting him down. Rlly an awful coach, i could guaranteed do better than him and im sure alot of yaull could do. It amazes me how he even got to this level of coaching. Must of had some good connections.

I saw on twitter yesterday someone seeing what they thought was some kind of motivational speaker or sports psychologist on our bench? He was seating next to jorgy.

Does anyone have a clue who this would be?
Little late for that. Should have been in place 5 years ago!!