Miami Schadenfreude

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I heard the dufus say that. When announcers say that they should first apologize for being so biased, then quit for being so wrong. Someone with better twitter skills than me should make a meme out of that statement. We should try to get CGC to respond to it on Monday (he won't say anything...CPJ would say something like "They have to say something, right? If they don't have anything intelligent to say then anything will do I guess."

The game announcers? Wes?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Did anyone watch the GT/Miami half time show on the ACCN. One of the talking heads said No offense to Georgia Tech, but they don't belong on the same field with Miami or something very similar. It wasn't Mark Richt, but some guy sitting across from him. I didn't care for his underhanded remark.
Damn ACCN had about 3 hrs of footage of da U special teams “midget” as he was labeled in the the chat room. I think they thought the game would be such a massive blowout they would need special interest pieces to keep people tuned in. Guess they didn’t figure it would be close all the way. Don’t they know GT beats at least 1 team every year it has no business beating and normally loses at least 1 complete head scratcher? We got the head scratcher(s) out of the way already. We were due for an upset.

slugboy

Staff member
Damn ACCN had about 3 hrs of footage of da U special teams “midget” as he was labeled in the the chat room. I think they thought the game would be such a massive blowout they would need special interest pieces to keep people tuned in. Guess they didn’t figure it would be close all the way. Don’t they know GT beats at least 1 team every year it has no business beating and normally loses at least 1 complete head scratcher? We got the head scratcher(s) out of the way already. We were due for an upset.

Mark Richt said as much during his game picks before we kicked off. He just said “GT will get their offense going and get 400 yards of offense and beat a good team this year—I just don’t think it’s today”.

And he was right—we didn’t get 400 yards of offense. Got 345 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Mark Richt said as much during his game picks before we kicked off. He just said “GT will get their offense going and get 400 yards of offense and beat a good team this year—I just don’t think it’s today”.

Mark Richt left Miami in a bad state

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw a couple posts that said the team was too busy having dance parties on the sidelines. Where have I seen that before?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Saw a couple posts that said the team was too busy having dance parties on the sidelines. Where have I seen that before?

You do realize we won because we out danced them and they knew it, it intimidated them so much their kicker was scared. We are now out miami-ing miami and the world is on notice.

No one is the king of the swag chalice, dance offs, sayings, the 404, more than the minister of mayhem.

If u try to copy him. You will be destroyed

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Well the coastal is bad so he must have been predicting a win over his mutts.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He was back in a couple of plays later.

I think he came back in because somebody else got dinged up after he did. Might have wanted byes spread out a little more time wise but..that was a physical game so maybe it’s good timing for another one now.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

That has been an issue for Miami for quite a while under different coaches. They have a lot of top notch players, but they seem to turn into prima donnas, and become more concerned about "getting the bling" than about making a difference in the game. The attitude seems to be "look at me" whether the team is winning/losing/getting their butts handed to them/etc. With all the raw talent they have had, they should have been in deep contention for the Coastal every single year. Instead, the play as a bunch of individuals instead of as a team.

I did voice concern about dancing after the Citadel game. My concern wasn't that they dance, or that they put social media handles up on turnovers, or anything like that. My concern was that it appeared the dancing had nothing to do with the game.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think he came back in because somebody else got dinged up after he did. Might have wanted byes spread out a little more time wise but..that was a physical game so maybe it’s good timing for another one now.

U r right. It was one of the more physical games on both sides of the ball i can recall in a long time. We were always physical on O. But the d was flying around too.