Miami Schadenfreude

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
These guys figured it out:

upload_2019-10-19_16-25-19.png

slugboy

Staff member
Diaz’s facial expressions were glum in the second half. He looked like a man about to fire his best friend the day after they took out a mortgage and bought a car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
So, Manny’s using the “rebuild” word down in Miami:

@aadelsonESPN: A team that won 10 games two years ago and had Top 12 recruiting classes in 2017 and 2018 is now a rebuild?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been browsing the Miami forums for a bit now, the basic consensus is GT wanted it more and fought for it. Tech refused to give up and we played our hearts out. Not much flack over the spot, more apathy about being in OT against a bad GT team. They aren’t even mad at us or the refs, they are squarely mad at their own program.

Those same venting posters also want Diaz assassinated immediately.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I’d be hard pressed to say that there isn’t a more unbearable fan base than Miami. They give uga a run for their money in that department.

Any time they’re miserable it makes me extremely happy. They might be the most delusional fan base in college football.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t care what their slumni base said before and don’t care now.

Do care that, despite the opponent or outcome, our kids have been fighting every minute in every game this year. That matters.

But regarding others posts in this thread - it does give pause to contemplate if mark richt has a lil crap eating grin right now.

Been too long since we won there - against um anyway :)

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I have been browsing the Miami forums for a bit now, the basic consensus is GT wanted it more and fought for it. Tech refused to give up and we played our hearts out. Not much flack over the spot, more apathy about being in OT against a bad GT team. They aren’t even mad at us or the refs, they are squarely mad at their own program.

Those same venting posters also want Diaz assassinated immediately.

They should be. Our team wanted the win more. Duh U was doing what it has done going back to the days of Coker, playing down to the level of its opponents and squandering talent like there is no tomorrow. It was in many respects an "ugly game" but one our team can build on and get better. I know that Coach P wants to do the spread thing and throw the ball but this is a team that looks way more comfortable running the football. A lot of those runs were when we would spread the field and run to the short side with Mason. Miami's linebackers of old would have run that down easily but Quarterman does not seem like he has gotten any better since when he was a freshman. He looked slow and t here were a lot of broken tackles which may be the result of Mason and Howard running hard but the Miami of old would not be whiffing so much.