Miami Postgame #GTvsMIA

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion we looked like the better team all day. I get that MIA missed three FGs, but we had so many huge unforced errors (penalty on punt negating a roughing the kicker, questionable PI on Swilling on first drive, etc.). We should’ve won by more.

Did we really have a penalty for clipping on a kickoff that was downed in the end zone? I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Was at Dulles in the international customs line. Took over 2 hours to clear. Uuuggghhhh. Spent 11 days in Galapagos -- glad to have gone and glad to be back.

Reading summary, we were fortunate. That can happen when you don't give up.
Sounds like a cool trip. I hope you had a great time.

The guys gutted out an ugly win but a W nonetheless. Only two conventional offensive touchdowns but the guys hung in there and came out on top. Overall a pretty okay showing.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
To be honest that win was a gift from the almighty. I know we have been on the other end of a lot of those, so maybe things really do even out over time. It really lifted my spirits and I hope it does the same for the team. We still make a lot of dumb mistakes and almost seem to look for a way to lose but maybe a win like this will turn things around mentally, collectively for this team. I do think the Offensive Line is beginning to play better and Graham is growing as the quarterback. The special teams showed a lot of improvement. One simple improvement was taking the ball at the 25 rather than trying to run it back. We have given up a lot of field position this year just by not taking what they give us. The defense played a lot better and actually showed some moxie when the game was on the line. They still gave up a lot of third and longs but made some stops when we absolutely had to have them.

Is this a turning point? Yeah from my perspective it is. I was already feeling a 1 and 11 season so 2 and 10 is now the worst it can go. That alone gives me some measure of improved optimism. This is a weird year for the Coastal Division and we have a chance to win all of our remaining ACC games. Watching UGA, they really are not what I thought they were and if things were to bounce our way, we could hang with them and pull off the unthinkable. So to me that is now being thought about, so it is no longer unthinkable. I hope our boys build off of this experience and don't let it go to their head. It's hard to win and you need to stay humble and keep grinding. Take this off week and continue to work on the mental errors and improving your craft.

Go Jackets!

Deleted member 2897

This Miami player sure is feeling Tariq.

Q25pgmk.jpg

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
I looked at it again and you are correct. The elbow was down just in front of the sticks and then he was pushed back. We got away with one there but I am not complaining. It appears that the receiver put his hand down to maintain his balance and then he was tackled and the elbow was on the ground for a split second. Hard to sympathize with Da U in any case. Back to your regularly scheduled program on Canes In Sight bashing Manny. After looking at it 4 times, it would appear that they marked it about where his elbow was down which was right on the line, unfortunately for the receiver he needed to be about a half a foot beyond that line for the first. Good call it would seem.

They called forward progress. Elbow was down more around the 5. The thing with the camera angle is that you don’t know which hand he had it in and being behind him it makes him look further forward. It equaled out the horrible PI call that would have required them to kick a FG in the 1st qtr. also the illegal formation was a bad call. Our gunner was inline with the rest of the linemen.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sounds like a cool trip. I hope you had a great time.

The guys gutted out an ugly win but a W nonetheless. Only two conventional offensive touchdowns but the guys hung in there and came out on top. Overall a pretty okay showing.

Really one conventional offensive TD in regulation. One from D and one from ST. Regardless, love it. Looking forward to watching game without the tension :)

Anyone interested in Galapagos trip by doing mostly land stuff and not cruises for 20% of the cost while seeing 80% can PM me. My wife and I do our own thing (surprise I know) and it's not for all. Need to be flexible and enjoy what you can do.

Well Who is the MVP of the game and maybe the season so far.......Pressley Unitas Harvin. If you think about it he not only threw for a touchdown but his first punt is what pinned Miami inside the 5 and accounted for the hit in the end zone. He, like most games this year has flipped the field and pinned teams deep. He also made a touchdown saving stop yesterday. Can't wait to see us fake one and him running. That big guy is going to truck someone.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Its probably already been mentioned, but very happy for Nate Cottrell. Couldnt have been easy to take on a reduced role offensively this year and keep working hard. He deserved that TD. A great Jacket.
Would like to see Nate stay around the program. He could've easily transferred out this year for a chance at more playing time. He must really love Tech!

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
What a game. Mason balled out. Pressley Harvin is the MAN. And the D had some nice moments. There were these 3 back to back plays where we held them to -7 yards over 3 plays. That's -2.3 yards per play. Excellent series

Sack by Ja'Quon Griffin on 1st down
giphy.gif

Tre Swilling sniffing out the screen and tackling for a loss
giphy.gif

Tre Swilling breaking up the pass on 3rd and long

giphy.gif

Tre is a baller