Miami Game Week

Jmonty71

Banned
I'm calling it now. We win this one going away.

Coach's back is against the wall (even Jim in Auburn is disgruntled), and none of the talking heads think we have a chance.

I like it. Let's GATA and beat the tan man.
I wished. I don't see us winning this one. Our defense cannot stop them. Roof plays too soft and Kaaya will end up looking like a Heisman candidate. I just hope we can score and get the offense straight.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
QB Kaaya Breaks Down Georgia Tech Defense
“They have a couple different blitzes, a couple different odd looks, and overall just a solid scheme,” Kaaya said. “We’ve been working on it for about two weeks.”

The Georgia Tech defense features four new starters in the secondary, but they have held up well through the first four games as the Yellow Jackets have allowed 218 passing yards a game and four passing touchdowns.

“I see some two-high looks and they can cover the pass and also rotate both safeties in the box and a few quarter looks where their safeties can kind of get in the box against some heavy personnel and really aid in the run game,” Kaaya said.

DT Norton Keeping It Simple Against Georgia Tech
Norton faced Georgia Tech for the first time last season. He admits the cut blocking that Georgia Tech’s offensive line does to the front seven is the toughest thing to adjust to.

“The weirdest part with playing against them for the first time is that you are just getting cut down from all different angles,” Norton said. “They will fire off regular on you one play and then they will cut you the next.”

DB Jenkins Likes UM's Focus For Georgia Tech Week
(Interesting excuse reason for losing in 2014)
The Hurricanes have defeated Georgia Tech six of the last seven years, but that one defeat came on UM’s last road trip to Atlanta in 2014. Jenkins did not play in that game because he was injured, but he shared his thoughts on what he saw from the team going into the game.

“I feel like that team went up there thinking that this is the same Georgia Tech and had the mindset of we play them every year and got bored with the process,” Jenkins said. “They run the same plays on every play and if you get bored with it, that is when they hit you over the top with a deep ball because they will try and put you to sleep with the run.”

Jenkins is confident the focus of this year’s team is different.

“I can just feel it,” Jenkins said. “Everybody is afraid of losing. I feel like our seniors are taking their game to a higher level and we are holding the younger guys to that standard.”

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Also don't forgot Corn Elder is starting at CB for us. We had a great shot at landing him as a recruit and then Miami offered super late and he accepted basically on the spot...