Miami Game Week

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Miami Herald: No. 14 UM football resumes practice in preparation for Georgia Tech
But Canes quarterback Brad Kaaya said Friday at the unveiling of the plans for UM’s indoor practice facility that “it’s always a dog fight every time’’ between the two teams and that he’s “sure this past loss to their rival is going to give them fire coming into this week. We can’t underestimate anyone.’’

When asked that night about his take on the Clemson-Georgia Tech game, UM coach Mark Richt, diplomatically, said, “Obviously, Clemson’s defense just did an unbelievable job. They kept it from being a contest.’’
Richt said quarterback Brad Kaaya’s knee, which was injured in UM’s victory at Appalachian State, is getting better. “A bruise, a bone bruise, however you want to say it, no matter what you do, even if you run and it gets sore, it’s going to heal and it’ll feel better. It’ll feel a lot better Saturday.’’

Richt mentioned Monday on his weekly radio show on WQAM 560 that Kaaya “looked a thousand times better [Sunday] – we actually practiced [Sunday] – than he did early last week.’’ The coach said the Canes will be “getting some guys back. I know [cornerback] Adrian Colbert [knee surgery] is coming back.’’

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I'm calling it now. We win this one going away.

Coach's back is against the wall (even Jim in Auburn is disgruntled), and none of the talking heads think we have a chance.

I like it. Let's GATA and beat the tan man.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it is interesting to note that both the LB's for Miami are freshmen according to CPJ... wonder how hard we attack those fellas. Hopefully this is our chance to get the b-back dive rolling.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm calling it now. We win this one going away.

Coach's back is against the wall (even Jim in Auburn is disgruntled), and none of the talking heads think we have a chance.

I like it. Let's GATA and beat the tan man.

I was surprised when CPJ didn't say to Jim in Auburn, "I wish I could forget Gardner Webb that easily."

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I was surprised when CPJ didn't say to Jim in Auburn, "I wish I could forget Gardner Webb that easily."

Yeah that was game for the ages. Of course we started our 3rd string QB, so it wasn't apples to apples.

I got a chuckle out of Jim. I think CPJ did too. I really think we are about to start cooking on O. Our guys are tired of taking a beating and ready to start handing one out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The first quote pasted below is pretty good
Miami-Georgia Tech 2016: Mark Richt pregame press conference
“It all does start with the quarterback, Justin Thomas. Like most offenses, if you have a quarterback who can run your system well, you have a chance to move the ball and put points on the board. He does a great job. He’s thrown for 364 yards already and run for 144 – he’s their second-leading rusher right now. Outstanding player. I think the thing you say about him, he’s very tough, mentally and physically. He can bring a team back from being behind. He did it, really in Game 1 [against Boston College], I guess. He’s done it before in his career. Certainly he did it one of the years I was at Georgia, a couple years back. He made some beautiful plays and set them up for a field goal and took the game into overtime because of his athleticism and his ability to throw the football. He is an outstanding player."
Asked if players have a little extra motivation of avenging 2014 — Brad Kaaya spoke to it after practice, saying Tech “embarrassed” Miami — Richt said he hasn’t seen it yet. Perhaps he will closer to the game, he said.