Miami FSU Game

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Unfortunately how teams play week to week in college football is highly variable. We may get the U that needs to be feared instead of that steaming pile they rolled out this weekend.

On that note, we might roll out the D that crapped the bed vs UT, it's all highly variable, like you said.

...and that is why the games are played!

MountPGT1990

Banned
Not at all concerned with Miami now. They struggled with a 1-3 FSU who was playing a true freshman qb who was hobbled (due to Miami thuggery). Mark Richt is the same piece of excrement that he was in Athens. They are weak against the run. We should beat them handily. FSU inexplicably didn't run enough. After getting 111 yards in the first half, they abandoned the run. We will have someone injured by cheap shot, just like when we used to play Georgia. It is their plan.

We should beat them handily? Ya serious Clark?

They have boat raced us every game at Miami since CPJ has been coach. We lose bigly when we play at UM and they have beaten us 6 of last 7. Pretty absurd to say we beat them handily, trust me I would love to see it but history suggests other wise. We will be heavy underdogs against a coach that has owned us and a team that is our ACC nemesis. But I will take one of what you’ve been drinking and hope you’re right. If you are correct then we got ourselves a top 15 ranked team in the country.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We should beat them handily? Ya serious Clark?

They have boat raced us every game at Miami since CPJ has been coach. We lose bigly when we play at UM and they have beaten us 6 of last 7. Pretty absurd to say we beat them handily, trust me I would love to see it but history suggests other wise. We will be heavy underdogs against a coach that has owned us and a team that is our ACC nemesis. But I will take one of what you’ve been drinking and hope you’re right. If you are correct then we got ourselves a top 15 ranked team in the country.

Okay, so what's the deal with "bigly"? I've seen several posts with this non-adverb recently. Is it some kind of strange mock of the President saying "big league" with his NY accent? How does it work? "Like, we know he said, 'big league,' but it kind of sounded like 'bigly' so we're going to make fun of what we misheard."

So I watch our opponents play and frankly can really determine nothing Georgia crushed Vandy today, a bad team that we crushed last year. Miami beat an FSU team that is probably a 5 or six loss team. When teams play us the entire defense plan changes. Clemson, really did not crush Wake. The SEC, are only three teams, Bama, Auburn and Georgia. The ACC, well Clemson, Nc State and either Miami or Us.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
College football is so fluid and matchups are so tough to predict. Miami is loaded with talent, but they're beatable. We have the ability to play take away and limit their possessions on offense. It will all come down to not turning the ball over. Right now, we are kinda like NC st: very talented but have not played a clean game. Sky's the limit if we stay healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so what's the deal with "bigly"? I've seen several posts with this non-adverb recently. Is it some kind of strange mock of the President saying "big league" with his NY accent? How does it work? "Like, we know he said, 'big league,' but it kind of sounded like 'bigly' so we're going to make fun of what we misheard."
Somewhat surprisingly, "bigly" is an actual word. It means "in a big way" .... http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bigly

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yep, no room for bigly fun around here. That would be a YUGE mistake.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Definitely a yuge mistake to have some bigly fun up in here, but If we beat UM next week that will be yuge for our program and we will jump up bigly in the polls

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Miami should be proud of breaking a 7 game losing streak to a hated rival. You know? they should go hit the town for the next few days and celebrate. drink heavy do some drugs idk. don't need to practice for next week they're just playing some unranked team that runs a high school offense so they should just not bother preparing and live it up for this win

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Not at all concerned with Miami now. They struggled with a 1-3 FSU who was playing a true freshman qb who was hobbled (due to Miami thuggery). Mark Richt is the same piece of excrement that he was in Athens. They are weak against the run. We should beat them handily. FSU inexplicably didn't run enough. After getting 111 yards in the first half, they abandoned the run. We will have someone injured by cheap shot, just like when we used to play Georgia. It is their plan.
I object to calling Coach Richt a piece of "ex...", and I also wouldn't lay the blame for the thuggery on him. As far as the football culture is concerned, Georgia has had a thuggish culture going back probably as long as I can remember, which for college football, that's the mid '70s. Most schools with the bulldog as their mascot (think the Citadel, Yale, or Miss. State) portray the mascot as a noble creature, whereas the Georgia bulldog was always a junkyard dog kind of animal. This is reflected in the UGA style of play as well as in the nature of much of the fan base. After leaving the '78 game with a helmet spear to the back, Eddie Lee Ivery entered the game again only to have his knee messed up by some cheap play. He was never the same again, and it probably contributed to his short career in the NFL. Things only got worse after Georgia won the championship in '80. Herschel and many of the players were class acts, but the fan base quickly turned into one of the most classless in victory I've ever seen. And they've only gotten worse since.

If you listen to their choice of music at games, or see the way some of their fans dress, it's all very dark. Every home game is like halloween. Not even Coach Richt's presence there seemed to change the tide, and I believe because of the deteriorating level of the culture surrounding UGA football, it was one of the reasons he was run out of Athens. He wasn't their type of man. No one can fault him for wanting to go back to his alma mater. But Miami has its own thuggish culture to deal with as well. Al Golden had the unenviable job of coming in there and trying to make it work. And to his credit, he did change the culture in the locker room a great deal. He just couldn't win. But to lay the blame for bad fan and player behavior at either school on Coach Richt is a bit much, considering the long histories both schools have for thuggish behavior.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I object to calling Coach Richt a piece of "ex...", and I also wouldn't lay the blame for the thuggery on him. As far as the football culture is concerned, Georgia has had a thuggish culture going back probably as long as I can remember, which for college football, that's the mid '70s. Most schools with the bulldog as their mascot (think the Citadel, Yale, or Miss. State) portray the mascot as a noble creature, whereas the Georgia bulldog was always a junkyard dog kind of animal. This is reflected in the UGA style of play as well as in the nature of much of the fan base. After leaving the '78 game with a helmet spear to the back, Eddie Lee Ivery entered the game again only to have his knee messed up by some cheap play. He was never the same again, and it probably contributed to his short career in the NFL. Things only got worse after Georgia won the championship in '80. Herschel and many of the players were class acts, but the fan base quickly turned into one of the most classless in victory I've ever seen. And they've only gotten worse since.

If you listen to their choice of music at games, or see the way some of their fans dress, it's all very dark. Every home game is like halloween. Not even Coach Richt's presence there seemed to change the tide, and I believe because of the deteriorating level of the culture surrounding UGA football, it was one of the reasons he was run out of Athens. He wasn't their type of man. No one can fault him for wanting to go back to his alma mater. But Miami has its own thuggish culture to deal with as well. Al Golden had the unenviable job of coming in there and trying to make it work. And to his credit, he did change the culture in the locker room a great deal. He just couldn't win. But to lay the blame for bad fan and player behavior at either school on Coach Richt is a bit much, considering the long histories both schools have for thuggish behavior.
I have had the (dis)pleasure of working with many uga fans over the past 12 years, 10 of which were under the reigns of "reverend richt". They always talked him up like he was the best father figure in the business, and he had no clue of any wrong doing. I liken him to Phil Mickelson in that he has always played the "good guy" in front of the camera, or even worse, a lead role in a Christian football movie.

If you listen to their choice of music at games, or see the way some of their fans dress, it's all very dark. Every home game is like halloween. Not even Coach Richt's presence there seemed to change the tide, and I believe because of the deteriorating level of the culture surrounding UGA football, it was one of the reasons he was run out of Athens. He wasn't their type of man. No one can fault him for wanting to go back to his alma mater. But Miami has its own thuggish culture to deal with as well. Al Golden had the unenviable job of coming in there and trying to make it work. And to his credit, he did change the culture in the locker room a great deal. He just couldn't win. But to lay the blame for bad fan and player behavior at either school on Coach Richt is a bit much, considering the long histories both schools have for thuggish behavior.[/QUOT

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think he created the culture at Georgia, but he did nothing to prohibit the factory that it has become. He allowed a lot of things to happen (I.e. Players that would've been suspended at other schools or even dismissed . ) to go with a slap on the wrist. And now that he is at the U, it rubs me the wrong way that he seems to be embracing the the mentality of the school he went to. During the duke game, Mack Brown was going on and on about how great of a guy he is, and they immediately zoomed to him, and 3 times in a row after the adoration, he dropped the f bomb, an s.o.b., and the "s" word. Seemed funny to me because it seems like his true colors are coming out.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the analogy of the Bulldogs, it makes a lot of sense as it pertains to the certain schools it is associated with. But, you may want to check your facts before you start calling Herschel a class act. Did he purchase that ride he had during his time there? I'll leave it at that.

I like the analogy of the Bulldogs, it makes a lot of sense as it pertains to the certain schools it is associated with. But, you may want to check your facts before you start calling Herschel a class act. Did he purchase that ride he had during his time there? I'll leave it at that.
He also kicked a Tech player in the head out of bounds after a play in Atlanta.