Miami fans are bad

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
Alright, I'll give it one more shot.

What is amazing about beating GT when we are down 10+ players (2015)? Or when Miami catches GT after GT plays Clemson + a Miami bye (2016)?

I don't want you to say that. I want you to say what you think. Specifically, whether you will use excuses tomorrow no matter what, or if something can happen on the field where you'll say "s***, GT is just a better team". If it's stats, great. If it's something else, that's what I'm trying to understand.

How will you know who the better team is tomorrow?
I absolutely believe GT could flat out beat us if we cannot stop their run game in the red zone.

There, does that satisfy you curiosity? Of course there are scenarios where we just get beat.

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
The mods. We love to talk football. Sometimes to our detriment. Even with deluded 'cane fans who refer to the "cheating years" as the "dynasty era."
Cheating years? C’mon man. How did those teams cheat? They didn’t earn their victories and championships? Sorry that you can’t give credit where credit is do.

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
Who let all the ThugU clowns on the board?
Not a fan of thugs and neither is Miami a thug school. You sound ignorant when you make such blanket statements. I’m actually a pastor who loves the Canes. There actually people just as stable as your fans who love Miami.

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey i agree we u.
You are right on about the top talent in tbose states but there is plenty of gt do able talent in ga.
In the off season we can work on the pie being"" larger than our current area verse we have to be strong near our school"" Coach has staff that have roots in ga and near by but we have moved into new Orleans area as well as Tennesse .

But some like Andy mc also have roots in texas (While Andy was at Baylor he was named top recruiter in nation) .

As a side note The area of n w la and n e Texas has more players in NFL than any comparable AREA. Note they have 0 p 5 schools. Our problem is the schools are of rural ga scholastically. Look around dallas and houston suburbs and u find the parker brauns who go AWAY to a good school while playing football. With a good base of players we are getting we only need one or 2 elite ones .

We just need to win some more big games - go to Ireland, play in Mercedes Benz stadium, get rid of Russell, get buzz at ends, and kids will come.
Great post!

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
Another Richt coached team. The Reverend may talk a good game, but encourages thuggery.
Richt has notheing to do with the player that made that statement.

I don’t think he meant to knock someone out by injuring them as much as hitting them so many times that they can’t come back in. The difference is, one is focused on injuring an opponent where the other is focused on getting after it and disrupting the game plan of the opponent.

Tell me that you don’t want your players doing the latter.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not a fan of thugs and neither is Miami a thug school. You sound ignorant when you make such blanket statements. I’m actually a pastor who loves the Canes. There actually people just as stable as your fans who love Miami.
I think Miami has that name because of the past teams. There was a lot of actions on the field that were not the norm for most programs. Also the fans are not the friendliest. One of their boards has guys cussing GT fans out for just being on their site when they weren't even starting anything. That's the type of stuff that gives Miami that name. I've never seen another fan base do that.

gregsempsrott

Georgia Tech Fan
I think Miami has that name because of the past teams. There was a lot of actions on the field that were not the norm for most programs. Also the fans are not the friendliest. One of their boards has guys cussing GT fans out for just being on their site when they weren't even starting anything. That's the type of stuff that gives Miami that name. I've never seen another fan base do that.
I get it. We have everything from pro sport fans from the northeast to lower income blue collar Miami residents who have never spent a day in a college classroom. When Miami began to dally gel back in the 80’s they attracted every kind of person that a diverse international city can produce.

But the city fans do t represent the good fans of Miami who supported the program long before it was so successful or the quality fans around the nation that just appreciated an innovative approach to college football.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I get it. We have everything from pro sport fans from the northeast to lower income blue collar Miami residents who have never spent a day in a college classroom. When Miami began to dally gel back in the 80’s they attracted every kind of person that a diverse international city can produce.

But the city fans do t represent the good fans of Miami who supported the program long before it was so successful or the quality fans around the nation that just appreciated an innovative approach to college football.
Yea, I think every fan base has good and bad fans. It's just part of the game.

Are you a pastor in the Miami area?

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Remembering back to the heyday of ThugU. I wonder what the NCAA of today would have done to Miami after all of their thuggery and scandal? Would the 58 straight victories still be a record?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ootball-scandal-ncaas-top-5-infamous-programs

1. The Canes nearly landed at No. 1 on this list, but its violations have yet to land the death penalty, and are all part of recent history, though an already infamous history. From the Catholics vs. Convicts game to its present predicament, Miami has a troubled past.

During the Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson eras of Miami football, the team was known for guns, drugs, and other violations. The players were criminals off the field. Athletic Director Paul Dee, who heads the NCAA infractions committee, allegedly hid drug testing results from Erickson so players could avoid suspension. Furthermore, the Canes were convicted of Pell Grant fraud which provided money to players and their families. This landed Miami on probation for its actions in the 1980's.

The Hurricanes program has the challenge of dealing with a similar environment as the Trojans, living in a city where glitz and glamour are the norm. Though hamstrung by sanctions, Butch Davis was able to keep a Miami program alive despite its disarray. It's questionable whether Davis was cheating though, after his recent ouster at North Carolina for extensive violations between players and agents.

Everybody is aware of Miami's current situation which could land it the death penalty, as numerous players have been named in a scandal which dates back to 2002. That scandal involved paying over a million dollars to Miami football players, including $50,000 to NFL athlete Vince Wilfork.

With the recent scandal under the command of university president Donna Shalala, Miami makes a strong case to find itself at No. 1 on this list, but one program is more infamous.
Tech got victories vacated for sports apparel...

Just a thought.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Please, extremely well-earned reputation and pride for ThugU. Richt fits in perfect with y'all cause he's fake as hell.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Cheating years? C’mon man. How did those teams cheat? They didn’t earn their victories and championships? Sorry that you can’t give credit where credit is do (sic).

Remembering back to the heyday of ThugU. I wonder what the NCAA of today would have done to Miami after all of their thuggery and scandal? Would the 58 straight victories still be a record?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ootball-scandal-ncaas-top-5-infamous-programs

1. The Canes nearly landed at No. 1 on this list, but its violations have yet to land the death penalty, and are all part of recent history, though an already infamous history. From the Catholics vs. Convicts game to its present predicament, Miami has a troubled past.

During the Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson eras of Miami football, the team was known for guns, drugs, and other violations. The players were criminals off the field. Athletic Director Paul Dee, who heads the NCAA infractions committee, allegedly hid drug testing results from Erickson so players could avoid suspension. Furthermore, the Canes were convicted of Pell Grant fraud which provided money to players and their families. This landed Miami on probation for its actions in the 1980's.

The Hurricanes program has the challenge of dealing with a similar environment as the Trojans, living in a city where glitz and glamour are the norm. Though hamstrung by sanctions, Butch Davis was able to keep a Miami program alive despite its disarray. It's questionable whether Davis was cheating though, after his recent ouster at North Carolina for extensive violations between players and agents.

Everybody is aware of Miami's current situation which could land it the death penalty, as numerous players have been named in a scandal which dates back to 2002. That scandal involved paying over a million dollars to Miami football players, including $50,000 to NFL athlete Vince Wilfork.

With the recent scandal under the command of university president Donna Shalala, Miami makes a strong case to find itself at No. 1 on this list, but one program is more infamous.

To pretend everything was kosher back in the day is pure comedy. LMAO :LOL: . I will admit that UM had the best teams money could buy.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Richt has notheing to do with the player that made that statement.

I don’t think he meant to knock someone out by injuring them as much as hitting them so many times that they can’t come back in. The difference is, one is focused on injuring an opponent where the other is focused on getting after it and disrupting the game plan of the opponent.

Tell me that you don’t want your players doing the latter.

I don't believe you can show me a similar quote from a GT player. That is because there is a different culture under Johnson. What we have seen for a decade at UGAg under Richt is this type of statement and sentiment. He failed to stop it then and fails to stop it now. As the coach, Richt is responsible.

As to the intent of the statement, "He takes hits. He don't like to slide, and what we're going to do is -- the goal is to get him out of the game. " is clear. Injure the QB. Truly the ethos of a thug.

Milwaukee

Banned
I don't believe you can show me a similar quote from a GT player. That is because there is a different culture under Johnson. What we have seen for a decade at UGAg under Richt is this type of statement and sentiment. He failed to stop it then and fails to stop it now. As the coach, Richt is responsible.

As to the intent of the statement, "He takes hits. He don't like to slide, and what we're going to do is -- the goal is to get him out of the game. " is clear. Injure the QB. Truly the ethos of a thug.

There's nothing wrong with that statement from Miami. We're being way too sensitive and getting offended by normal football behavior.