Mess of a start

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Horrible, absolutely horrible. Even if we do win a few more games, this game is embarrassing for a "top 25" team. CPJ's presser isn't going to be pretty

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I think they can rebound, but they need to earn it. This team came in flying high, and did not deserve that

Bskelley

Georgia Tech Fan
Team has looked like JV the past two weeks. Not sure what's going on. Hope this week was a reality check and we see the team we know they can be next week!

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Our schedule only gets harder from here. This year could get really ugly if the team doesn't do a 180. I thought we couldn't look worse than we did last week, but the team proved me wrong I guess.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Can't blame one thing. All three units and the coaching were bad.

Let's start with the obvious. Our offense is atrocious. It's a straight up liability. We'd be better off playing defense during our possessions right now. I used to think we had the best offensive adjustments in the country at halftime, But we didn't do anything different in the second half. Very disappointing. I think the rocket toss would have worked very well today... Smoke route too in the first half...instead we do nothing. How about that B back dive on 4th and 2 on our last realistic drive when 9 guys were in the box?

All game, dame crap, zero results, pissed off coach that will point to missed blocks. He's right, but at the same time he has to figure out how to score when that happens. Didn't do a good job today.

How bout that offensive line? I can't believe five of those guys started last year. They look awful. Might as well start five freshmen

Effort good on defense, but they were bad in the first half. Too many big plays again.

Special teams killed us. We might win the game without the kick return. How does that happen in the rain?

Looking like 7-5, 8-4 at best. ...maybe worse, unfortunately.

This is sad. We may improve at some point, but it's not going to be enough to win the division or the conference.

Poor product this year so far. Very disappointed in the last two weeks. I didn't exactly expect a national title, but I wanted to see something better than this the last two weeks. I can think of a bunch of ways I'd rather be 2-2 than this. Tough to watch.................

Gotta rebound. They'll always have my support!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
The perimeter blocking is terrible. The OL isn't much better, but Shaq wasn't the only one blocking last year so we need to get our butt in gear. This weeks practice should be some a** chewing goin on, time to ride them until they play pissed off.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't blame one thing. All three units and the coaching were bad.

Let's start with the obvious. Our offense is atrocious. It's a straight up liability. We'd be better off playing defense during our possessions right now. I used to think we had the best offensive adjustments in the country at halftime, But we didn't do anything different in the second half. Very disappointing. I think the rocket toss would have worked very well today... Smoke route too in the first half...instead we do nothing. How about that B back dive on 4th and 2 on our last realistic drive when 9 guys were in the box?

All game, dame crap, zero results, pissed off coach that will point to missed blocks. He's right, but at the same time he has to figure out how to score when that happens. Didn't do a good job today.

How bout that offensive line? I can't believe five of those guys started last year. They look awful. Might as well start five freshmen

Effort good on defense, but they were bad in the first half. Too many big plays again.

Special teams killed us. We might win the game without the kick return. How does that happen in the rain?

Looking like 7-5, 8-4 at best. ...maybe worse, unfortunately.

This is sad. We may improve at some point, but it's not going to be enough to win the division or the conference.

Poor product this year so far. Very disappointed in the last two weeks. I didn't exactly expect a national title, but I wanted to see something better than this the last two weeks. I can think of a bunch of ways I'd rather be 2-2 than this. Tough to watch.................

Gotta rebound. They'll always have my support!

Coach has to figure out how to score when there are missed blocks, making it really hard to run our offense? How exactly is he supposed to do that?

We played like total crap today. We didn't execute hardly anything on offense. Coach can make the right adjustments all day long, but if we can't execute, they won't help at all.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Coach has to figure out how to score when there are missed blocks, making it really hard to run our offense? How exactly is he supposed to do that?

We played like total crap today. We didn't execute hardly anything on offense. Coach can make the right adjustments all day long, but if we can't execute, they won't help at all.

There's so much room for improvement by the players, as well, but let's be honest...it's crazy to run the same play 5 times if the players can't make it work. At some point you have to try something else that he players may be able to execute instead of going three and out for an entire half.

Contrary to popular belief, we do have a bunch of plays in our arsenal. The rocket toss was non existent in the first half, and the smoke route has been non existent this year against defenses lining up 7-10 yards deep.

I love our scheme and have followed it very closely since PJ took over. But there's so many plays that have made us so versatile in past years that seem to just disappear at times (see the A back counter to the rocket toss...the play that scored on Kansas from 90+ yards a few years back).

Look, I'm not a football coach, and I'm not sure I'd do much better with the play we are getting from our players right now (probably way worse, actually), but I just don't understand where these plays are, and why we don't mix it up when we are unable to get anything going.

What really scares me is the possibility that we can't execute these other simple plays....