Ramblin' Wreck
"or"s a reflection of CPJ's anger.

Surprise to see Or on Devine.
Brant Mitchell de'or'd himself.
Searcy de'or'd himeself
Mills de'or'd himself, despite Marshall playing well

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Aasen has no stats and I'm pretty sure he has never punted. Too bad we don't have Shea Underwood coming in....... :muted:
I wonder why we don't give underwood a shot, maybe we do? He averaged about 43 yards in high school, he will need to work on his hang time though.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wonder why we don't give underwood a shot, maybe we do? He averaged about 43 yards in high school, he will need to work on his hang time though.

I mentioned to nuke several weeks ago that Shea was our backup kicker and Aasen our backup punter. I don't know why he's on this kick.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Obviously, but you are missing my point, Shea punted in highschool and averaged around 43 yards per punt, that's way better than what we are getting now.

You going to tell me this doesn't look better than what we currently have?

No I'm going to tell you we value him more as a backup kicker than a punter. I would guess even if he has the distance he might not have a quick enough release - which would lead to blocked punts.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
No I'm going to tell you we value him more as a backup kicker than a punter. I would guess even if he has the distance he might not have a quick enough release - which would lead to blocked punts.

Correct me if I'm wrong given the memory of last season is a big blur as I've tried to forget it, but Rodwell wasn't BC bad last year, was he? He wasn't anything spectacular, I remember, but better than we saw Saturday. What's his deal? Why was he so bad? Was it the grass/field?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Correct me if I'm wrong given the memory of last season is a big blur as I've tried to forget it, but Rodwell wasn't BC bad last year, was he? He wasn't anything spectacular, I remember, but better than we saw Saturday. What's his deal? Why was he so bad? Was it the grass/field?
Our memories disagree...I seem to remember a rash of shanked punts, some barely passing the line of scrimmage, setting up our opponents in great field position.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Here's the facts on Rodwell, he was bad last year: Special Teams 2015 Review and Look Forward

As to Underwood, as a punter he was only All-American at the punting position by Kicking World. So him not punting makes no sense unless he is hurt or has seriously regressed. If the coaches are holding him back to backup Butker when our punting game is a dumpster fire then they are _______.