Mercer preparation

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Here's the facts on Rodwell, he was bad last year: Special Teams 2015 Review and Look Forward

As to Underwood, as a punter he was only All-American at the punting position by Kicking World. So him not punting makes no sense unless he is hurt or has seriously regressed. If the coaches are holding him back to backup Butker when our punting game is a dumpster fire then they are _______.
Thank you sir.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And snaps flying over the punter's head, but that, but that's not Rodwell's fault.

Are you remembering last year or prior years?

I only recorded the ST plays for the first four games of last year and there were no bad snaps in those, including the ****ty ND weather game. But I remember years before where the Long Snapper had problems. It shows how important the LS is; we never notice him till he screws up.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My memory is that Rodwell was erratic last year. Long booming kicks followed by short, sorry kicks.

P J was irritated with practically the whole team on the radio show Monday night. He said something close to "punting will improve or someone else will be punting."

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My memory is that Rodwell was erratic last year. Long booming kicks followed by short, sorry kicks.

P J was irritated with practically the whole team on the radio show Monday night. He said something close to "punting will improve or someone else will be punting."

That dog don't hunt. CPJ is the one who keeps putting Rodwell in. As I said pre-season, the bad punts are on CPJ and not Rodwell.

And yes, the difference in yardage for Rodwell's punts is really high. I don't study all punters, but watching games in general it seems he is a lot more erratic. But it's not on Rodwell as I'm sure he is doing the best he can (just like I couldn't run a 6 minute mile even for $1M now), it's on CPJ for expecting a rSr who was erratic in camp to have an epiphany.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_...s-syracuses-tempo-and-conference-qb-supremacy

@DavidHaleESPN GT is winning the coastal aren't they?

Georgia Tech didn’t exactly look like its 2014 version against Boston College, but it did get a win. And Paul Johnson has never prioritized style points anyway. And given UNC’s loss to Georgia, all the injuries at Miami and the mediocre opener for Pitt — well, it doesn’t seem so far-fetched. I’m still picking North Carolina here, but Georgia Tech always looks best when no one is expecting it.