Men’s Game vs Louisville

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Really needed Deebo and Kelly to make threes this year to have a decent offense. Feels like good shooters show up on the Flats and can’t shoot from the get go unfortunately.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Going into the season, I said the most vital thing was Coleman and Smith being legit. Really need them to turn it on the next few months. Would gladly accept losses if they start to do contribute.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately we lost this one due to missing Howard and Saba allowing Williams to beat us near by himself.

THis year was going to always come down to how quick the new pieces could fit in and unfortunately we've seen just interruption after interruption to that

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I was all but ready to purchase my ticket to Cameron Indoor for Tuesday if we won this game but I need some push to pull the trigger on that right now. I might just save my first Durham trip for another season.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Pastner, I like the players - but this is not a good TEAM. Our bball IQ just seems like it’s lacking. Maybe it’s confidence in roles. IMO, and said it early, this will test Pastner as a coach more than any year. He has to juggle 12 possible players when he is an admitted 7-player rotation guy. At this point in season, his grade is not good. Maybe he’ll get theM to surge in late Jan and Feb, but it will be too late, and for that reason this season feeling like a failed season. Won’t stop rooting and supporting, but gotta face reality, and own shortcomings.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I like Pastner, I like the players - but this is not a good TEAM. Our bball IQ just seems like it’s lacking. Maybe it’s confidence in roles. IMO, and said it early, this will test Pastner as a coach more than any year. He has to juggle 12 possible players when he is an admitted 7-player rotation guy. At this point in season, his grade is not good. Maybe he’ll get theM to surge in late Jan and Feb, but it will be too late, and for that reason this season feeling like a failed season. Won’t stop rooting and supporting, but gotta face reality, and own shortcomings.
It’s already too late basically. NET ranking is gonna be near 180 tomorrow

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately we lost this one due to missing Howard and Saba allowing Williams to beat us near by himself.
Pretty much this. Without our two true bigs we didn’t have an answer for their #5. Khalid and others put in a good effort at times, but #5 also got some uncontested baskets way too easily at times. I think some of our guys were hesitant to foul him, probably rightfully so. We gave up +10 free throw attempts and +5 points at the free throw line.

Otherwise, we played them pretty evenly or outplayed them in my opinion. We were out rebounded, which was to be expected, but we did a good job taking care of the ball for the most part and had fewer turnovers. Unfortunately, a few of our turnovers were bone headed live ball turnovers that resulted in uncontested fast break points that made a big difference in the game.

This team needs to find a way to win close games like this to salvage something out of this season. 6-6, 0-2 in conference is not the start fans wanted or the team wanted (I imagine) coming off an ACC championship. Hopefully our guys can dig in and turn things around.

Sturdivant was a bright spot tonight. He should be starting over smith in my opinion.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It's the first time I've been able to make a game this year and I thought that we played well, but were obviously missing either Howard or Saba.

Sturdivant had a terrific game and I thought Meka played really well too. He just needs more time to develop.

I also thought the refs were pretty bad both ways. They missed Sturdivant getting killed before half and they also missed Khalid Moore getting smacked across the face when he made it 65-64. If we just get those 2 calls and make the free throws, it's a tie game. It also looked like Devoe was fouled on the three at the end, but I haven't seen the replay yet.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Once again my smart TV recorded the wrong program and YouTube TV had this on the wrong channel. And I am so tired of feeling like either Tech or the ACC isn’t fighting for the fans. It’s almost like they don’t care if anybody watches or not. My friends and relatives who are fans of other teams never seem to have any problem finding or recording their teams. Feels like we are second class citizens of the sports world.

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
How many "and one" did they get, I think mostly by our Frosh and Meka. Seemed like a bunch - if we had played ole D on those, we win? Good effort, but it seems like we are playing 5 against 6; seldom an open shot for us and lots for them. We will play better.

Bob

THWG

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
How many "and one" did they get, I think mostly by our Frosh and Meka. Seemed like a bunch - if we had played ole D on those, we win? Good effort, but it seems like we are playing 5 against 6; seldom an open shot for us and lots for them. We will play better.

Bob

THWG
Some ticky tack (in my opinion) fouls were called against our guys down the stretch that gave Louisville points and made our comeback that much harder. The most egregious was a foul called on Usher in the post when he never left his feet and held his arms straight up. I’m not sure whether he was inside the restricted area, but there was very little contact regardless. It looked like textbook “don’t foul” defense to me, but he got whistled.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
Really needed Deebo and Kelly to make threes this year to have a decent offense. Feels like good shooters show up on the Flats and can’t shoot from the get go unfortunately.
It seems the players are tentative to shoot. Many times the 12-16 foot jumper is available and if there is a half second delay, the shot is no longer available. This is a coaching issue.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Devoe and Usher need to both play offense effectively at the same time. If feels like we just wait for one of them to go on a run until we get to our next 4 minute drought. With that said, others need to contribute on offense. Definitely would give more minutes to Kyle at PG than Smith. Felt we should have won this game. Hoping team ends up at least around 500 but thinking we will be below that unless something significantly changes.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Devoe and Usher need to both play offense effectively at the same time. If feels like we just wait for one of them to go on a run until we get to our next 4 minute drought. With that said, others need to contribute on offense. Definitely would give more minutes to Kyle at PG than Smith. Felt we should have won this game. Hoping team ends up at least around 500 but thinking we will be below that unless something significantly changes.
Playing effectively means taking good shots within the offense. In this game, in particular, it seemed like they both felt like they had to carry the offense resulting in bad forced shots. The true freshman played a total of 28 minutes and took a grand total of three shots. If they hope to be significant contributors in the offense - and both have proven to be decent shooters - they have to actually shoot the ball. To me it feels like they are both deferring to the upperclassmen too much.