Meiko to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
1. AB's bring the play in. You are constantly having to sub in a new AB every play.
2. We don't utilize our WR's that often so they don't tire as often

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
WR have to block in most of our plays. If we have a WR who is 'faster' but is a poor blocker, by bringing him in we either a) give away that we're going to pass downfield or b) risk getting the play blown up because of a missed block.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
so two of the skinniest WR's on the team are the best blockers? Suuure

But even if they are marginally the best two, there's no reason we can't rotate that position just like the others.
Two words: Hunter Renfrow.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm not sure that's fair. What we need is guys that consistently block well and win one-on-one balls. I think we've got two of those right now.

Nah, we need guys that can do that and pop the top off the coverage. :D

Seriously though, I know that you're right. I just think the WR rotation has been odd the last few years.

I'm confused. He's not a star due to his blocking.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If you can provide any reason why Jeune and BS should have been taken off the field for any length longer than a short breather other than "to make other guys happy" I'm all ears.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

That's a terrible example. Hunter Renfrow came to Clemson as a 150 pound walk on. Hunter Renfrow busted his *** and stuck with the program to earn his day. We are talking about kids transferring to southwest Mississippi school of arts.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If you can provide any reason why Jeune and BS should have been taken off the field for any length longer than a short breather other than "to make other guys happy" I'm all ears.

I can't provide that any more than anyone else can state definitively that no one else should've played.

I'm probably going to leave this discussion alone. I just don't blindly trust coaches. That's the crux of my issue (for lack of a better word).

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
That's a terrible example. Hunter Renfrow came to Clemson as a 150 pound walk on. Hunter Renfrow busted his *** and stuck with the program to earn his day. We are talking about kids transferring to southwest Mississippi school of arts.

Not exactly lol.

You must not be aware of what that school is..

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
1. AB's bring the play in. You are constantly having to sub in a new AB every play.

There's no reason a WR couldn't run the play in.

Same could be said for Lynch and Searcy. You could probably add JJ green to that mix.

WR have to block in most of our plays. If we have a WR who is 'faster' but is a poor blocker, by bringing him in we either a) give away that we're going to pass downfield or b) risk getting the play blown up because of a missed block.

Why not use this to our advantage if that is even true. Our WR's don't always crack down on a lb or safety. A lot of the times they run the DB off and their blocking is done 30 yards downfield. At that point you are mostly just getting in the DB's way because you have your back to the play and it only matters on big plays.

Not saying I know if guys should be playing more or not. I just disagree with the above reasons for guys not playing. I like Juene and BS, I would've liked to have seen a little more of Camp though based on how PJ spoke of him. I also would've liked to have seen Philpot just based on his measurables. I've said it before, but I think PJ over weights practice performance. While important, some guys just have a switch they turn on when the lights come on.

Regarding the 2 WRs that left us. You can't miss what you never had. Would've liked to have seen what they can do, but we've got other guys.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Ole miss lol?

hahaha.. nah. Close!

It's a football powerhouse for kids with mostly academic or behavioral problems. (not all but most)
They play a year and then transfer back to D1.
Watch Last Chance U on Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.