Meiko to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck

I get that everyone who's transferred (besides MM) hasn't contributed much, so there's not much need to worry but at some point this has to hurt our depth/experience.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Probably true to a degree. The tFR better come in ready to see time.

Also, anyone else cringe a bit thinking this was about Meiko Grimes (hehe).

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Wish the young man well in whatever he decides to do.

Could be a sign that it is getting more competitive with some wanting the opportunity for more playing time. This opens up opportunities for us to sign more recruits and create more competition. The secondary is where we have good, quality depth at this time but one has to be concerned.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT's secondary is going to be COMPETITIVE for playing time. I mean, players better bring their "A" game on every rep in everything they do. We've got some studs coming, and some pretty good players there now. Sucks to lose someone like Dorian Walker and Meiko Dotson because I'd like to see the guys we sign finish at GT, but life is what happens you make plans.

Good luck to Meiko. Another one of the guys you never heard anything bad about and rep'd GT the right way.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
They have been updating the roster on the website. Tough to keep up, more work to do...

Deleted member 2897

This is how you get such highly ranked recruiting classes. We can now fill a class of up to 25 guys. Instead of taking 17 and being ranked > 50, we'll likely come in around < 30. Weird, isn't it. I hate it these guys are leaving, but I really can't blame them. Look at the quality of our secondary and receivers down through 5-6 guys. The ability to see regular playing time at DB (Meiko) and WR (Howell) was so way way way out in the future, it might as well not exist. And we have a great class coming in, lots of youth (bad for them in the sense you can't just wait a year for a bunch to graduate) and we just won 9 games and are looking at it again next year. No coaching turnover or real wholesale changes to what we do are justified either. It is what it is. I hope for nothing but the best for them!

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, I don't like this one. Thought that he was going to be a good one for us down the road. Showed some flashes at times when he was out there. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I think this has to do with all the db's we have/getting. He was solid on special teams but that would have probably been his role while at GT.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Durham, Austin*2, Simmons are ahead of him. Swilling, Askew and Bonds are quite likely to pass him when they get here. I think he saw the writing on the wall and I don't blame him.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I wonder if we see a starting CB transfer out as a graduate because they too "see the writing on the wall" that one of the new guys is going to come in and start immediately.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I'd be stunned if Austin left. Durham as well. Simmons has 2 more years left as opposed to 1 like the others.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This is how you get such highly ranked recruiting classes. We can now fill a class of up to 25 guys. Instead of taking 17 and being ranked > 50, we'll likely come in around < 30. Weird, isn't it. I hate it these guys are leaving, but I really can't blame them. Look at the quality of our secondary and receivers down through 5-6 guys. The ability to see regular playing time at DB (Meiko) and WR (Howell) was so way way way out in the future, it might as well not exist. And we have a great class coming in, lots of youth (bad for them in the sense you can't just wait a year for a bunch to graduate) and we just won 9 games and are looking at it again next year. No coaching turnover or real wholesale changes to what we do are justified either. It is what it is. I hope for nothing but the best for them!
I'm not sure about that. This late in the '17 process we will have to recruit from those already committed elsewhere. Lots early may be good. Lots late will probably result in scholarships saved for next year when the uncommitted field is fertile.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure about that. This late in the '17 process we will have to recruit from those already committed elsewhere. Lots early may be good. Lots late will probably result in scholarships saved for next year when the uncommitted field is fertile.
We are in good standing with more than enough guys to fill our roster out. Idk if we will but we have interest from enough guys.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Other than MM I can see why most of these guys are transferring. Philphot could find the field over a greyshirt offered Brad Stewart or a true freshman late offer Jalen Camp. The rest we're mostly filler guys that we're projects. Meiko wasn't gonna beat out Jaytlin or Gentry.

Status
Not open for further replies.