Megatron is back!!!!!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Good for Calvin getting started on his post-football career. We all saw how Strahan parlayed it into a major television career, I think Calvin is every bit as smart and charismatic as Strahan, just doesn't have the benefit of being a NY player.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure what to think about all this. I'm conflicted. Am I going to watch, gasp, DWTS just because Megatron is on? I think I just yaakked a little in my mouth.
I wonder if I am the only one who feels somewhat embarrassed for him. None of my business obviously, but it remains a remarkable thing that once in the spotlight, the stars cannot let it go.

booga

Georgia Tech Fan
I wonder if I am the only one who feels somewhat embarrassed for him. None of my business obviously, but it remains a remarkable thing that once in the spotlight, the stars cannot let it go.

What's he supposed to do? Sit around and get fat? He still has charities, and if this is a way for him to get out in front of a demographic that isn't familiar with the man that is Calvin Johnson to help those endeavors, then more power to him. DWTS is not really my cup of tea, but I hope he dominates them with the class and style we've all seen.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
What's he supposed to do? Sit around and get fat? He still has charities, and if this is a way for him to get out in front of a demographic that isn't familiar with the man that is Calvin Johnson to help those endeavors, then more power to him. DWTS is not really my cup of tea, but I hope he dominates them with the class and style we've all seen.

Or it may not be about the spotlight or getting in front of a new demographic or whatever. Instead ...gasp...he may just think it sounds like a fun thing to do. Oh how terrible and embarrassing that a person should not take themselves so seriously and try new things they think seem challenging and fun. Shame on him :p

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure what to think about all this. I'm conflicted. Am I going to watch, gasp, DWTS just because Megatron is on? I think I just yaakked a little in my mouth.
It's more interesting than any other talent contest / reality show on TV. My wife is absolutely committed to it so I have to watch it with her if I want to spend quality time with her. I can't stand this genre but this one is not bad.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Every season they have a former star professional football player. Some seasons they have had more than one. After a steady diet of former bulldogs and what not, I am glad to see a Tech player finally.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's more interesting than any other talent contest / reality show on TV. My wife is absolutely committed to it so I have to watch it with her if I want to spend quality time with her. I can't stand this genre but this one is not bad.
Okay, but let me suggest you do not show the wife this post: it's terrible stuff for quality time. I have to get a second mortgage to buy that Direct TV "season ticket" for the NFL because my wife is a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan and must see every game, in all their misery. The result is to heck with quality time. I would not watch it with her if it brought world peace and an end to hunger. I retreat to the Bat Cave and try to ignore the screaming at the TV until it is safe to come out and play. Tell me she doesn't do that?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
So I was accidentally flipping channels (accidentally, right?) and saw Calvin's Cha-Cha :woot:

I truly don't know what scores of 7, 6, 6, 7 mean, so I choose to interpret his performance as above average. The judges called him "Cha-Cha-Tron".

Erin Andrews interviewed him afterward and dropped in a GT reference i.e., "I am dating myself and remember covering you at Georgia Tech!"

So that's my summary. Checking into post-performance press availability now.