Media exposure

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I teach college and always ask “How many of you read a newspaper?”

Zero.
The real tragedy of that is playing out at every level of American life, from the courthouse to the White House. A result has been that it is not what we don't know that kills us, but so much of what we "know" is dead wrong, made up partisan drivel and profanity laden social media. (Sometimes I think those "blogs: were created so the writer could use all those four letter words he found on bathroom walls.) As a result we are moving from one of the most literate countries to an illiterate but loud uncivil society.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember 1990, the year Tech won their last national championship and the media was all about Georgia Tech. The stores were full of Tech gear, in the mall Macy's had a huge area designated for Georgia Tech National Champions gear. Also UGA was 4-7, 2-5 SEC, it was wonderful.......

Date Time Opponent Site TV Result Attendance
September 8 8:00 PM at LSU
PPV L 13–18 76,751
September 15 1:00 PM Southern Miss*
W 18–17 79,812
September 22 3:00 PM Alabama
  • Sanford Stadium
  • Athens, GA
CBS W 17–16 82,122
September 29 1:00 PM East Carolina*
  • Sanford Stadium
  • Athens, GA
W 19–15 77,019
October 6 1:00 PM at No. 16 Clemson*
L 3–34 83,127
October 13 12:30 PM No. 24 Ole Miss
  • Sanford Stadium
  • Athens, GA
TBS L 12–28 78,321
October 20 1:00 PM Vanderbilt
Dagger-14-plain.png

• Sanford Stadium
  • Athens, GA (Rivalry)
W 39–28 81,640
October 27 8:00 PM at Kentucky
L 24–26 55,255
November 10 12:30 PM vs. No. 10 Florida
gt-077xl2__10285.1486318191.jpg

TBS L 7–38 81,529
November 17 7:30 PM at No. 24 Auburn
ESPN L 10–33 85,214
December 1 12:30 PM No. 2 Georgia Tech*
TBS L 23–40 82,1

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I suspect but don't know obviously that every year the University of Georgia has more graduates, probably many more graduates, moving to Atlanta for employment, and those numbers exponentially dwarf Georgia Tech's, who may scatter over the entire country for technical skill employment. With that as the primary metric it is a losing battle for coverage. It doesn't mean the papers are biased, or even care frankly. It is a great fallacy that somewhere in the newspaper's bowels a small cadre of evil men conspire against Tech. They know their market, and they pitch to it. Wouldn't you?

We have Atlanta, that is unbelievable untappd potential, and as we are seeing this new bunch is going to tap into that. If that snowball start rolling it can be something else. I was in school in the 50s, we owned this town, yes it was different from what it is now, but I love the way cgc is tapping into the whole ATL Sports community. When we, not if we, when we start winning on a major scale I truly believe it will start coming together and in a big way. All IMO of course.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Not so much of a problem. David was a child when he took on Goliath.

Very useful post, btw.
I try to be a good Catholic, but am woefully uneducated in my faith.

The closest I got to actually studying what I probably should be studying was the last time I was deployed. We had a Catholic Chaplain that was a Jesuit. We also had a retired Priest at my previous church that would pinch hit when others got sick, etc. Those two men were fantastic teachers of the faith. God touched those two men when he selected them. Sadly, many others have been too weak & some ......

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Don't have to act like a jerk about the comment just because they happen to be a UGa fan.

He made a “water is wet” type reply to one sentence of a post which was taken out of context. From what I’ve seen, nobody on this board is immune to being called out for that type of behavior, regardless of fan base affiliation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk