MBB, Miami, 2/24... Someone has to start the thread

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watched the replay ( yes, I'm a masochist. LOL)
In the last 6 minutes not only did we have 5 turnovers, we missed 2 right at the rim.
Coleman had some good moments, 2 drives to the basket.
Gapare got his 1st 3. If he can shoot 35-40% from 3 he will be a really good player for us.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
In the last 6 minutes not only did we have 5 turnovers, we missed 2 right at the rim.
Gapare got his 1st 3. If he can shoot 35-40% from 3 he will be a really good player for us.
Gapare's ceiling is very high. We've seen flashes, especially the Penn State game.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
57, I appreciate your contribution here, but I don’t follow you on the bolded. What do you mean, his 1st 3? He has hit other 3’s although not many, and certainly not at a rate that suggests it is at all reasonable to expect that he might eventually hit 35-40%, although one can hope I suppose. And of course he will be good for us if he can hit 40% from 3. Anyone would be good for us if they could hit 40% from 3.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll add that I think Gapare can be a good player for us regardless of whether he becomes a 35-40% 3 point shooter, which I personally think is unlikely.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Anyone hitting 35-40% from 3 point range is a big asset. If Gapare can do that he will be a star!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
He just has to be a good enough shooter to command attention in the corner. And a good enough handle to fake and drive. I don’t think Moses got over 35% from 3 but he was enough of a threat from there and closer in to keep the lane clear

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
57, I appreciate your contribution here, but I don’t follow you on the bolded. What do you mean, his 1st 3? He has hit other 3’s although not many, and certainly not at a rate that suggests it is at all reasonable to expect that he might eventually hit 35-40%, although one can hope I suppose. And of course he will be good for us if he can hit 40% from 3. Anyone would be good for us if they could hit 40% from 3.
Sorry I said 1st. Just 1 of very few. And any 3pt threat from him ( pick your %) will open up his drives to the basket. Love his play.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
he's now 1 for his last 20 3pt shots. That's 5%.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry I said 1st. Just 1 of very few. And any 3pt threat from him ( pick your %) will open up his drives to the basket. Love his play.
He will be something special when he figures out how to hold onto the ball with one hand as he goes up for a finish. So many times he does everything right and at the last minute, the ball goes flying out of bounds because he lost the handle. One of my favorite players though. His ceiling is higher than anyone on this team. Don't know if he'll ever achieve it.

Speaking of potential, I haven't seen Amari in the last several games. I think that ship has sailed.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The turnover thing was odd because up to that point I was thinking we'd done the best job I've seen in a very, very long time breaking the press and making another team pay.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami almost beat UNC tonoght , at UNC. Pressed at the end like they did with us and just fell short. What a great coac Jim ... is