MB Stadium?

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I totally agree with the original posters assessment. Also, I fully understand that I'm not a big AT fund donor or whatever but I've had season tickets since 2003 and was seated on the very top row (26) of the 300 level and down around the goal line. I don't expect 50 yard line seats but come on, that was a little ridiculous in my opinion. The halo board was completely useless for me. I couldn't see the stats at all and there were replays where I could literally only see the players' feet. You couldn't hear a thing up there either. The music from the bands and even things like the referee speaking were completely washed out in echos and crowd noise

Tickets since 2003 and they gave you those seats? I've had them since 2015 and was in the same row also around the goal line. That's ridiculous.

I totally agree with the original posters assessment. Also, I fully understand that I'm not a big AT fund donor or whatever but I've had season tickets since 2003 and was seated on the very top row (26) of the 300 level and down around the goal line. I don't expect 50 yard line seats but come on, that was a little ridiculous in my opinion. The halo board was completely useless for me. I couldn't see the stats at all and there were replays where I could literally only see the players' feet. You couldn't hear a thing up there either. The music from the bands and even things like the referee speaking were completely washed out in echos and crowd noise
I've had season tickets since 1967, and I expected better seats than what I had. To be fair, they were not bad seats, and I had a great view, but for that many years of buying tickets and contributing, I expected better. I was in section 215, on the 10 yard line. At BDS, I am in the upper east on the 45 yard line (originally on the 50 until they realigned the field)

LibertyTurns

Banned
Best analogy I can think of is they paid for a Mercedes AMG Roadster and got a Chevy Cruze. It looks ok on the outside but you're not going to get from 0-60 in less than 4 secs.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Upper deck is higher than I have ever been in a stadium. The place is a spectacle for sure. Trying to leave the stadium from the third deck after the game was like trying to get off the TITANIC. It's amazing, 1.5 billion dollars and you can't even provide enough stairways or escalators to allow for safe egress? I can't imagine that design passes any kinds of construction/fire/safety codes, or if it does, they should be updated. What is up with that? If an emergency ever did arise and people were in any kind of a panic, then we would likely be talking about thousands of injuries or worse. If you do ever go to a game there and sit upstairs, my advice would be to stay in your seats for 45 to 60 minutes after the game before even trying to leave.

jchas

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree with the good comments about the variety and price range of the concessions. However, I came to watch college football and the noise level of constant ads, lack of statistics and ability to hear who made plays (and even our band at times) killed it for me. It also crossed my mind that many of us would perish if we had to evacuate...

Oh yeah, I have had season tickets for 42 years and was in section 220 next to a couple that went to Ga State (and who don't have Tech season tickets).

65Jacket

GT Athlete
It was nice enough, but I don't go for glitter and was unable to hear the audio system. I was in section 208, 4th row, which was on the 20 yard line. I had to use binoculars to see the numbers clearly. I hate the red and black interior colors. I will go again when and if Tech plays there. BDS is a much better venue for watching a game.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Upper deck is higher than I have ever been in a stadium. The place is a spectacle for sure. Trying to leave the stadium from the third deck after the game was like trying to get off the TITANIC. It's amazing, 1.5 billion dollars and you can't even provide enough stairways or escalators to allow for safe egress? I can't imagine that design passes any kinds of construction/fire/safety codes, or if it does, they should be updated. What is up with that? If an emergency ever did arise and people were in any kind of a panic, then we would likely be talking about thousands of injuries or worse. If you do ever go to a game there and sit upstairs, my advice would be to stay in your seats for 45 to 60 minutes after the game before even trying to leave.
I also was in upper deck but row 1 , not sure the last time I went to Clemson and i was at the top it could have been higher . And I had to stop and rest 3 times walking up but I'm fat and out of shape.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree on the exit from the 300 level. They were blocking exits, and adding the band trying to get out led to a cluster.

I'll also add in my slightly inebriated state, it was rather difficult to determine the row numbers, at least in the 300 section.

I felt that the aisles around the escalators were too small I'm general. I don't know whether it was due to a lot of people wondering around, or poor design.

I could partially see the ring around the top, but the orange was way too orange. I think the red seats made the orange deeper.

I sort of wonder if they could make tunnels to the MARTA stations to ease foot traffic on the streets.

It was easy getting in the stadium, and it was decent inside. Food choice and price were nice also....

Milwaukee

Banned
I was the last seat in the house, 400 level very last row. I could see perfectly every little detail (as perfectly as one can from that far away). The sound was great, the concessions were great, and the bucket seats were great. Being in the last row we were able to stand up the entire game which was fun as hell. I prefer standing so I can pace when I'm nervous. The jumbotron was tough to see since we were so high up, but you get what you pay for. The exit process was very close to getting dangerous, it felt like people were about to start stampeding because they felt trapped. Who the **** drew that up?

Most TN fans were decent, minus a few drunken idiots talking trash and yelling on the way out.

Overall it was an awesome experience minus the epic collapse. Wish they'd feature us in that game every year, personally.

Edit: I located the playclock, down and distance, etc when we first got to our seats. I never had an issue, it was clear line of sight all evening.

Also, 3 dogs and 2 beers for $16 is unheard of at a sporting event. That was awesome.

Last edited:

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
What little bit of MB stadium I experienced, I enjoyed. I was seated in corner endzone at the opposite end of the stadium from the GT band and on the home team side of the stadium. My season tickets at BDS are at about the 10 yd line. As best as I could tell, I was at about the same height from the field as I am at BDS. I'd say that I had worse seats than what I have at BDS, but not significantly so.

I had good view of the video board and thought it was good. I did not like that for most of the game there were no stats available except score, clock, possession, and position. Late in the game they started showing game stats quite often, but for the most of the game I had little information about the team stats.

As far as egress, I had no issues, but the section I was in connected to the concourse at ground level and thus I did not have to deal with any stairs other than the ones specific to the section I was in.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely HATED MB Stadium!!!!!

The ridiculous exit after the game was not just pathetic in terms of fan experience, but if there is ever a fire or a terrorist bomb in that building, the exits make for a huge safety problem. What corrupt Atlanta Fire Marshall OKed that whole setup?????

Men's rooms had long lines.....even *finding* the Lyft pickup zone was a joke, then actually getting picked up was so bad we gave up and took MARTA (which worked just fine, thank you very much). I felt like I was so far away from the team and the field that I could not see the players who were on the field at any given time, and half the time watched the game on the video board instead of watching the action over with my own eyes. That being the case, one can make a strong argument that you're better off staying at home and watching it on TV.

As already mentioned, the acoustics were horrible. I never heard the UT band playing Rocky Top (did hear their fans singing it, though). Barely could hear the GT band.

Give me Bobby Dodd any day of the week and twice on Saturday!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely HATED MB Stadium!!!!!

The ridiculous exit after the game was not just pathetic in terms of fan experience, but if there is ever a fire or a terrorist bomb in that building, the exits make for a huge safety problem. What corrupt Atlanta Fire Marshall OKed that whole setup?????

Men's rooms had long lines.....even *finding* the Lyft pickup zone was a joke, then actually getting picked up was so bad we gave up and took MARTA (which worked just fine, thank you very much). I felt like I was so far away from the team and the field that I could not see the players who were on the field at any given time, and half the time watched the game on the video board instead of watching the action over with my own eyes. That being the case, one can make a strong argument that you're better off staying at home and watching it on TV.

As already mentioned, the acoustics were horrible. I never heard the UT band playing Rocky Top (did hear their fans singing it, though). Barely could hear the GT band.

Give me Bobby Dodd any day of the week and twice on Saturday!
The distance between the field and the stands was something my parents actually brought up to me after seeing the games there this week. My dad is a big soccer fan and I was hoping to take him to one of the Atlanta United games in the Benz (took him to a bunch at BDS and he loved it) but is worried about how well you will be able to see stuff because some of the seats looked a mile away.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I never heard the UT band playing Rocky Top (did hear their fans singing it, though). Barely could hear the GT band.

I noticed that too and was very surprised. I could see the UT band and they were pointed right at me, but I couldn't hear their band at all. While that was a great thing for this particular game : ), it was not a great sign for the acoustical setup of the stadium.

The distance between the field and the stands was something my parents actually brought up to me after seeing the games there this week. My dad is a big soccer fan and I was hoping to take him to one of the Atlanta United games in the Benz (took him to a bunch at BDS and he loved it) but is worried about how well you will be able to see stuff because some of the seats looked a mile away.
I think Atlanta United is really going to miss BDS